7

Colby

She pouts as the guy pulls down a small Koala plush.

"I started late!" She excuses.

"Is that what happened?" I tease, putting my arm around her shoulders. "Well, then, this little guy is for you."

"You don't have to," she reminds, looking up at me. We stop just outside the entrance of the arcade.

"I want to," I assure, extending the small plush animal to her. She takes it gently as if she'd never seen one. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," she nods. "It's just... been a while since I've been on a real date."

"Well, I'm glad I could break the streak," I chuckle. She slips her hand into mine and we walk out of the arcade.

"I don't want tonight to end," she admits.

"It doesn't have to yet," I tell her. "The night is still young."

"So, Mr. Brock, what are we going to do from here?" She smirks. Her eyes sparkle in the moonlight. 

"Anything your heart desires." A playful gleam enters her eyes as her lips pull up slightly. 

"I want to get to know you better," she confesses. "Let's play 20 questions."

"Alright, you first," I agree. We begin walking down the street.

"What's your favorite color?" She asks. Her hand is laced in mine and they swing in unison.

"Usually blue or black but right now it's yellow." She rolls her eyes playfully.

"Smooth talker," she teases.

"Not my fault yellow is your color."

"Lies," she gasps. "I know for a fact red is my color."

"Well then, maybe I'll have to see you in red."

"Maybe you will," she bites her lip as she looks up at me. Shaking my head, I think of my question.

"What's your favorite flower?"

"The same as my favorite color," she leads on. My mind fishes for colors with the names of flowers.

"You're going to make me guess aren't you?"

"Where would the fun be if I didn't?" She smiles. It's a look I enjoy seeing on her.

"Hm, roses?"

"Nope," she grins, popping the p. 

"Sunflowers."

"A close runner up but no. How good's your memory?"

"I'd say pretty decent," I chuckle.

"What was the color of the shirt I was wearing when we first met?"

"Black," I answer.

"True," she nods, "but what was on it?"

I try to remember the day. Electric Love was playing. She gave me two records. "Lavenders."

"Bingo," she confirms. 

"Lavender," I repeat.

"Two answers for the price of one."

"I get the color but why the plant?" I question. She purses her lips before smiling softly.

"I struggle with really bad anxiety. Some of my attacks have put me in the hospital because I couldn't breathe. I was put on all kinds of meds but only one thing really seemed to calm me."