2

Colby

"Three women all killed in the past two weeks. One was last week and two were this week," Garcia explains, clicking through pictures of the bodies.

"When was the last victim found?" I ask, tapping a pen against my knee lightly.

"Yesterday. There were no signs of sexual assault or abuse. All of the women had their hair cut and they were bound. They were found with nothing more than a sheet covering them."

"He could be dehumanizing them," JJ thinks out loud.

"Did they find any hair at the crime scene?" Derek asks.

"No."

"So he could be keeping it," Reid thinks. 

"Or tossing it somewhere else," JJ finishes. Garcia finishes up the meeting before Hotch sends us off to get our to-go bags. I put the vinyls in a locked drawer in my desk before putting the key in a different one.

When we're on the plane, I have the Fleetwood Mac album playing through my headphones. Derek grabs my phone and flips it over to see what I'm playing.

"Fleetwood Mac?" He questions, furrowing his dark eyebrows.

"She recommended it to him," Reid explains. Derek has a smirk in his eyes as he licks his lips. He sits across from me.

"What's her name?"  He asks. "You can't escape us now, Brock."

"But I can pretend that I can," I grin, putting my headphones back in.

"Reid, what's her name?" He asks. Reid closes his book and looks at me with a playful look.

"Elias," he answers.

"Did you get her number?" Derek asks. Sighing, I take my headphones out and put them away.

"No," I breathe. 

"Is she from DC?" JJ asks.

"Her boss said she was raised in a town just outside of DC," I answer. 

"So why's she in DC?"

"School."

"Oh, I wonder what she's studying," JJ thinks to herself.

"So can I get back to my music or do you all have more questions?" I tease, smiling lightly. 

"Oh we have lots of questions but we'll just go with you to the record shop when we get back," Derek chuckles. Grinning, I shake my head before putting my headphones back in. 

Elias

A few more people come into the store before it's time to close. He sticks in my mind. The way his eyes had a playful spark in them and how his lips tugged into a smirk. Part of me hoped I would see him again.

"You okay, Lia?" Mike asks kindly.

"Yeah, why?" I question, looking up at him from the papers I was signing. 

"You seemed to get along well with that guy that came in earlier," he leads.

"He was attractive," I push out. He chuckles lightly as he straightens up the register.

"I think you like him," he hums.

"I don't think you can like someone you just met."

"Sure you can. That's how my wife and I met and we've been together for thirty years," he tells.

"I can only hope to have a love like your alls," I smile.

"She's the love of my life," he whispers to himself. The thought of finding someone like that makes my stomach flutter. "She keeps me in check too."

"She sounds wonderful."

"She is." 

"I don't think he'll come back," I sigh.

"Sure he will," Mike assures. "He'll come back to talk to you and maybe more records."

"You think so?" I ask, finishing the papers and moving on to restocking vinyls. 

"Of course."

"I hope so," I hum. We finish cleaning up and we clock out. We walk to our cars before pulling out of the parking lot.

When I get back to my apartment, my roommates Tara and Jade are sitting on the couch watching the Bachelor.

"You're back!" Tara cheers.

"Yeah, we had a late-night," I explain, kicking off my shoes and sitting between them.

"Anything interesting happen today?" Jade asks, setting her popcorn down on the coffee table.

"A very attractive guy walked in today," I blush. Their eyes widen.

"Did you get his number?" Jade interrogates.

"No," I sigh. "But I did recommend him some albums and I hope he comes back to the store."

"What albums did you recommend?" Tara asks, popping a piece of popcorn into her mouth.

"Rumors by Fleetwood Mac and Nothing Happens by Wallows."

"Good choices," Jade compliments.

"I know," I tease, flipping my hair. "I don't even know how I feel right now."

"Try and tell us," Tara guides.

"I think I like him but I just met him today," I ramble. "What if he's putting on an act to try and get something out of me or is an ass in general."

"Well, the only way to find out if he is like that is to see him again," Tara comforts. 

"I wish I had given him my number," I breathe.

"You will the next time you see him," Jade assures, nudging my shoulder. 

"I'll try," I nod, resting my head on her shoulder. Tara rests her head on mine and we continue watching the Bachelor.

"This show is a mess," Jade sighs as the girls gossip.

"What time do you get off tomorrow, Lia?" Tara asks.

"Um, five, maybe. Why?"

"I wanna have a girls night tomorrow."

"Oh, yeah!" Jade agrees. "It's been a while since we've done one of those."

"That would be really nice!" I clap. Looking over at the clock, I see it's almost midnight. "I'd better get to bed. I have an early class tomorrow."

"Sleep well," Tara smiles.

"Don't let the nightmares get you," Jade says.

"That's not how it goes, Jade," Tara scolds. They continue their disagreement as I walk back to my room. It's a decently sized room with light grey walls and dark grey accents. The bed covers, curtains, and rug are all dark grey. The furniture is black and polaroids cover the back of my door. I take my hair out of the low ponytail before changing into an oversized shirt and spandex. When I finish, I throw my hair up into a messy bun and lay down.