C H A P T E R - 1

MATURE CONTENT. CONTAINS SEXUAL, PHYSICAL AND VERBAL LANGUAGES AND ABUSE. INCLUDDING VERY DESTRESSING TRAUMATIC DISORDERS SO PLEASE BE AWARE.

(January 3rd 2004 Melody 10th Birthday)

"Where we going mummy" Little melody asked her mother Marie in a sympathetically annoyed tone.  Repetitively asking the same question, Even though she is 10 years of age, she is very well smart and intelligent. I do give mummy a hard time, but that is how little kids are right?

Melody sighed heavily, because knowing her mamma doesn't let off that easily, though she shows love and compassion, children tend to give their mother a hard time, but no matter what a mother's love is so pure. During the day melody and her both walked around exploring the city and catching trams around the cbd. Just after 12 they both went into the inner cbd of Melbourne and captured memorable photos, that Melody will forever cherish.

Marie leads Melody into Reggie music store. Reggie is Melodys uncle, which in relation is, Marie older brother. There were all types off instruments and to Melody's liking her favourites are the different varieties of guitars, to accoustic, base & electric hung on shelves and on the walls. Young Melody fantasise to be a musician because her mother loves playing all types of guitars and also violins. Music is everything to her, its her greatest gift.

"Look baby, this is your new guitar. Happy 10th Birthday Princess. You like it; it's your favorite colour too. Like you asked a dreamy White & black sunburst 6 string accoustic guitar. Your uncle and cousin made this" Marie says lovingly at her daughter. Reggie and his son Leeron wished her a happy birthday.

"Happy Birthday baby cousin, hope you like your guitar. I did the design and dad chose the colour" Leeron said. 

Melody kissed her cousin and uncle on the cheeks for their thoughtful gift. Melody squealed into her mother's embrace.

"Thought you've forgotten my birthday Mama"

Marie looked at her daughter with an ache, she could never forget her daughters birthday.

"Why would you think that?" She asked.

"I don't know I just thought"

"I hope you like it little one."

"Uncle Reggie I love it." Melody squealed louder and as he ruffls her hair.

"She's exactly like you sis, I'll tell you when she grows up she's going to be loud but very talented" Reggie said to Marie.

Marie and Melody bid their goodbyes and walked to Federation Square, they usually sit on the concrete steps, and admiring the beautiful view of flinders station. Marie played some tunes of her favorite songs during the 80's.

Melody loved the soulful voice of her mother's, it soft, unique and angelic.

A very long day out; spending Melody birthday in the city has been one exhausting day. Since its summer here in Australia the sun doesn't go down till 8:00 pm.

"Mummy, I really love my new guitar. You have to teach me how to play more off your favorite songs" Marie nods in agreement and Melody was beyond very happy.

The mother and daughter decided to make their walk home. Walking through the field and turning the corner is an nearby alley way. There were four drunken men. Marie gripped on her daughters hand so tightly like her life depended on it. Melody was looking frail and she saw the fear in her mother's eye.

"Oh No" Marie muttered. Marie grabbed her daughters hand and walked the other way, then another man popped right behind them.

Marie kneeled to her level and whispering soothing words that everything will be alright, it didn't help the fact that she was going pale with fear written over face.

"Please let us pass" Marie pleaded for the sake of Melody.

When they began to walk around it was too late, one off the men snatched Marie by her hair. One man that looked homeless and baggy pushed melody out of the way and falling on her bum with a 'oomph'.

Marie shouted to run, but Melody couldn't. Her feet, her body couldn't leave her mother behind.

Melody was caught up in the moment, that her body shook and watching her mother horrifically. Her body started to shiver and knees began to weaken.

A decent looking man staunted his way to Melody and caressing her cheeks.

"Pretty like your mother"

"Don't touch her, Fin. I'm begging you, just let us go. I don't know what it is that you want, we won't tell anyone. There's no one around, please just let my daughter go. . .and take me" She begged.

Marie tried to fight the two men off, but her weakness couldn't. There were no one around for help, around this alleyway are fence walls with graffiti along them. Usually there a few homeless people sleep on the filthy floor that smells like urine. Usually its safe to walk, but because there wasn't anyone around and the sun has finally gone down, the street lights weren't working, which is odd.

One of the four men, looked more like a business men with all his formal looking full suit attire. He had my mother by her hair as he forcefully tried to kiss her, but she tilt her head to the side and missed. He could be Fin. Marie bit his cheeks and spat the blood out.

"You fucken bitch" The man groaned.

"You!" He pointed the one holding Melody in place. "Make sure that brat of an daughter watches what I'm going to do to her mother, but first"

"No, no please. No, let her go, she's just a kid" She whimpered.

"HOW COULD YOU!" She then found her voice and shouts out.

"You know I loved you" He said then making a loud slapp across her cheeks, leaving a red hand mark. Whilst two men held Marie down on the ground, she tried again to fight the restraints.

Tears started to fall from Melodys eye.  "Mummy"

"Shut her up"

Melody wanted to scream out for help. But As a young and helpless girl, she was scared out of her wits.

"Please Fin"

The two homeless men, we're told to remove her top slowly. Marie was quivering under their filthy touch.

"What's your name Princess?" Fin reek off alcohol and his small had put melody off. She wanted to vomit.

"Now watch"

Melody watched in horror at the awful sight. The scream and blood pouring.

"Your turn"

"Please, I can't do this"

"I'm paying you, you filth"

Those three men took turn turns whilst the other that held Melody, covered her eyes and all she heard were grunts.

"Daddy, Daddy" 

"Baby, Baby wake up! Wake up!"