Chapter Five

Mara's Pov
Do you ever have the feeling after finding out something you know you shouldn't. It feels like everyone is staring at you or watching you like a hawk. I felt that strongly after finding out about the actions that happened with my clan.

I felt like now a lot more things were a lie. Could I even trust anyone? What if dad wanted to kill me? But then there was the other part of me. They took me as a baby and raised me with the knowledge that they didn't want me to know about the bad. And maybe I was being overdramatic.

I didn't know what to believe and what way I should act. Running away would make things immensely worse and I possibly would be tracked down, but staying also haunted the dangerous of what I knew.

"Hey Mara, hello?  You alright you've been sitting here for like an hour." I gently blinked my eyes a couple times to focus in seeing Deidara and Sasori were staring at me quite strangely.

"I have?" I questioned in a small whisper. I felt exhausted because I know the one person who has been watching me like a hawk was Itachi.

I don't think he ever did sleep. I could have sworn he was sitting on the desk in my room watching me. So I haven't been sleeping.

Deidara casually placed his hand on my temple while Sasori was touching all my cheeks.

"You aren't warm. You don't really have a fever have you been eating." The both of them questioned to me. I swayed my head a couple times to rest back slowly on the couch a bit.

"I just think I need to sleep for a couple days.. Or forever that would be nice." I whispered staring at the wall Deidara arch an eyebrow.

"I'm gonna go get leader, some things wrong with her... You think she is getting her... You know woman thing." Deidara whispered to Sasori who then just stared at him quite a lot.

"Deidara you freaking idiot she's only ten,"

"Don't they get it around like ten, eleven, twelve?"

"How the hell am I suppose to know, ask Konan."

"I'm not asking her shit!"

_______________________________
After a full afternoon of being greatly babied by dad and basically everyone. I got asked a bunch of times if my stomach and abdomen hurt. Asking if I was bleeding, or if I had the desire to just attack and kill someone if they were bugging me. 

It was quite strange actually since most of the guys were blushing when they would ask me that. I stayed on the couch in the base but I carefully peeked under the couch were I had a large backpack packed up with some stuff.

It's not even right... I can't run away I'm freaking ten years old. What is a ten year old gonna do on her own besides getting herself killed out in the real world of shinboi's? It's a lot dangerous and I barely knew any self defense.

Hmm... I might have to wait till I'm a little older maybe fourteen, or at least fifteen. For now I'm gonna have to find a better hiding spot for you. I looked up and shoved it back in place under the couch. But like every other night there was the red eyes watching me like hawk.

He was sitting in such a strange position. I think he said it was a habit he got from the Anbu Squad whatever that was.

"Itachi what are you doing? Are you trying to give me a heart attack." I whispered out sitting up straight. I watched him run a hand through his hair deeply.

"Sorry Mara, you've known I've been watching you now. So how do you know?" He questioned at me sitting on the coffee table a little staring at me fully.

"Itachi you have a presence that's easy to sense." I spoke grabbing the blanket holding it close to me wrapping myself like a turtle us both having a small staring contest with each other.

I slowly broke the silence that followed while cuddling the blanket.

"How come you've been watching me?" I asked gently and I saw slowly how Itachi's eyes soften before he shut his eyes deeply letting his head face the floor.

"Because. I wanna make sure you don't leave or try and leave... I wanna be the one to stop you or at least get you not to leave... And if that doesn't work... I wanna be the one you say goodbye too."

How can I forget the most important thing of all... For the years of my life.... They have been the only family I've known how could I just leave the one family I've always known.