Chapter 27

I'm speechless...

He doesn't like me now...

I stare at my mom as I start to cry.

She looks at me and sigh as she walks towards me.

"It's okay Cai give him time" Mom smile.

"I knew there is something wrong with me" I cry.

"There's nothing wrong with you... And I will repeat that over and over again" She smile.

I look at her and try to smile.

But the hurt in my heart won't just go away.

And I can't help but think that maybe my dad is also having a hard time processing all these shits.

"Sorry for walking away unannounced" Dad sighs as he returns with a shoe box.

"Uhm... It's okay" I try to smile as I exhale deeply.

He looks at me and hands me the shoe box.

"What's in here?" I ask.

"Just open it" He smile.

I open the box and see a cute little glittery high heeled shoes.

"What is this?" I smile at him awkwardly.

"That's the gift I bought you when you were three years old" He smile as his eyes starts to water.

"Dad..." I stare at him speechless.

"You asked for it, and I ultimately knew who you are" He smile.

"I did?" I ask.

"Yeah you did! You said you wanna be like Madonna!" Dad chuckles.

"Well that's embarrassing" I look at him in shock.

"There's nothing embarrassing about it Casey... Every night when you're still in the Philippines I look at those shoes and I remember the fun memories it comes with you and I feel better. Every night I miss you and these shoes somehow takes the pain away... Knowing that maybe in that country you're still wearing the same shoes and make people laugh and just proud of who you are" He smile.

"Dad" I cry.

"You need to be proud of who you are Casey... Because I am so proud of you no matter what... I've already lost a son and I'm not losing you too okay?" He smile at me.

"I'm sorry if I can't be the son that plays or watches football games with you" I cry.

"Ssshh... Don't say that! Football isn't the only thing that bonds father and son! There are lots of things! And we'll figure it out together! okay? I wouldn't change a thing about you Casey... So how about we'll go camping?" He smile.

"did someone said camping?" Jordan smile as he walk towards the living room.

"Yeah I forgot to tell you... Jordan is here" Mom smile.

"Uhm... What do you want?" I look at Jordan.

"Well... Anna wants to invite you to her house party" Jordan smiles awkwardly.

"Why does she always have time to party? Where are her parents?" I roll my eyes.

"Cai... You can always go if you want to" Mom smile.

"Uhm... Not you too! I don't really wanna face anyone for now" I frown.

"Casey... You seriously need a distraction" Dad smile.

"Fine I'll go" I sigh.

"We'll leave tonight" Jordan smile.

"The party's tonight??" I frown.