For a Friend (Yumiro)

What awaited me on the other side of this door?

I'd dropped everything I was doing and drove like quickly to my old friend's home, curious of what I'd find.

A woman, he said. An American.

A picture of her passport was also sent to me via text message and I eyed the picture closely. I had a job to do and I wasn't about to let the yen slip through my fingers.

The spare key turned in the lock and when I had the door open wide, my eyes immediately landed on the young woman, sprawled out on the floor. She was still breathing and I watched her turn her head in my direction, looking up at me.

"Yuji, you're back already?"
She asked in a breathy tone. The bags underneath her eyes were prominent and dark. The women squinted and her eyes widened in realization when got a good look at my face. She turned away and started to crawl away from me. My eyebrow rose and I followed behind her closely until I was standing over her. My hands gripped her sides and I started to pull her to her feet but she fought against me.

"N-no! Please!"
She exclaimed, twisting her body in my hold.

I loosened my hold and reached inside my bag to a thermos with warm herbal tea inside. I pressed it to her lips but she never gave up the fight.
"Please, I just want to go outside.. one last time.."

I was eventually able to get her to drink the tea and she started to calm down immediately. She was drifting off to sleep in my arms moments later. I laid her on the couch, put together an IV and inserted a drip into her arm.

I stepped outside the house and dialed Yuji.
"She fought a little but I was able to connect the drip. Is there anything else I should know about her?"

Yuji sighed.
"I told you everything I know about her. Keep your eyes on her..."

I hummed and ended the call.

************************************************
My DMs are still open for requests

As always,
Thank you for reading, commenting and voting.

_Maddie ❤️