Chapter 7: Reaction

"He said he was sorry and that he regretted it!" Gyda reasons out. I dig my fork on the cut steak in front of me as I listen to Gyda explain her situation. She was still trying to convince me that this Sebastian dude was somewhat nice when He tried to embarrass her in front of the whole students.

"And you're okay with that? He embarrassed you Gyda! In front of everybody!" I try to talk some sense in to her. I mean who pours soda on anyone? Not to mention how sticky it would get afterwards!

"It was partly my fault. I was the one who asked him out. It was already embarrassing right then and there" She now calmly says and sips on her water. 

"Yeah but for someone like him to suddenly regret that? Suspicious." I say while cutting another piece from my steak.  

"You know what? Enough about me! How was your lunch date with Louis?" She wiggles her brows up and down. My knife slips from my fingers and clanks with the plate.

"I'm sorry, what?" I say while wiping the side of my mouth with the table napkin. Gyda chuckles and hands me her water. I sip on it, waiting for her to explain.

"Come on, Ash. People gossip. So much that it reached the restroom where me and-" She stops and shakes her head "-you know. So how's the sushi?" She smirks at me.

"The sushi was good! Very good!" I laugh nervously remembering how Louis shoved it in my mouth a while ago.

"Must have been very good that someone else had to feed you" She laughs, loud enough for a few heads to turn. I roll my eyes and blush at the thought. 

My heart fluttered just by the mention of his name. The smile he had on every time we lock eyes. And how it would result to me being my awkward self. 

I continue eating the steak in front of me when a group of people approach us.

"Liana." Gyda greets with a forced smile.

"Gerda" She greets back.

"Its Gyda-"

"so you must be Ashley" Liana cuts Gyda off. She extends a hand towards me and I look at it for a few seconds before shaking. I smile at her and nod. "Liana San Diego" She introduces.

"Nice to meet you. Would you like to join us?" I offer. Gyda shakes her head and stops when Liana and her friends have already taken a seat. Gyda obviously didn't like them from the way she was acting and I whisper an apology before adjusting my seat.

"Oh by the way, Congrats on your relationship with Louis!" She congratulates. My eyes widen at her statement and quickly deny it. Before I could say anything else she continues. "Though I must say, Be careful. Next thing you know he's off to another woman...behind your back."

My brows furrowed. Me and louis weren't together but I found it quite disturbing, how she said it.

"I mean what could you expect, right?" She laughs a girly laugh and her friends did as well. "He's handsome, rich, and oh those lips." She bats her eyelashes at me. 

She sips on her drink and wipes her mouth gracefully. I only look at her dumb founded. Why was she saying these things to me?

"Sorry, did that scare you" She chuckles. "You've never heard? me and Louis were once lovers...maybe even more than that." she smiles as if she was heartbroken but quickly shakes it off. Not that anyone asked but sure, I'll keep that in mind.

"I'm sorry but why did the two of you break up?" I couldn't help but ask. She looked so heartbroken, it must've been bad. She looks at me and smiles weakly. 

"He cheated on me. With my bestfriend, months ago." She looks away.

"I'm sorry.." I apologize and look at Gyda for help. Gyda only shrugs and look away as if signaling that I got myself in this situation. 

"Oh no worries, really. I'm with the love of my life now...Levi" She smiles again but this time it was more of a forced smile like nothing happened.

I look at Antoinette Guidicelli. The person who Gyda told me was betrothed to Levi. She had no emotion on her face. It was all cold..

Something inside me wanted to get to know her. I wanted to know how she truly felt. I mean, it must've bee hard being in an arranged marriage with the guy her bestfriend is seeing. but then again, they were all rumors. No one knows the truth. Its best if we don't assume things, that will only end up hurting other people.

Me and Gyda sat on the bleachers. After our conversation ended with Liana and her girls we lost our appetite and just left the room. We sat on the bleachers of the field to get some air and while were at it, eye the boys at Matrix academy.

A few people were on the field playing. mostly guys. Vincent and his friends were there too, tossing the ball around. If I could recall, they were Gabriel Carter, Dominic Burton, Nikolai and Napoleon Stevens, which were twins. I was surprised to see Louis with them, laughing. I suddenly remembered how he told me to stay away from Vincent.

Did he not want me to have friends somehow? I chuckled aggressively while looking at him and Gyda looks at me worriedly.

"You good-"

"Why is it that this person wanted me to stay away from this other person like he's dangerous and next thing you know he's laughing with them!" I cross my arms on my chest and slouch. Gyda faces the direction I was looking at and finally realizes.

"Maybe he's jealous" She says while brushing the ends of her hair.

"Jealous of what?!" I complain. 

"Jealous of that person?" If you mean jealous of Vincent then there's no way!

"What's there to be jealous about?"

"Maybe Louis likes you" Louis likes me? Yeah right.

"Louis does not-" I stop my tracks and look at Gyda. I'm pretty sure I wasn't mentioning any names here. "Hold on, how did you know I was talking about him?" I whisper loudly.

"No reason. Just a wild guess." She tries to shrug it off. "Oh come on!" She stands up. "You were looking at there direction. Of course I knew it was louis!" I mentally slap myself for being stupid. 

Why would he get jealous? I didn't like Vincent. Obviously. I was only joking around with him! and why am I explaining myself? I wanted to clear everything up. But why? Why do I have to clear everything up? My mind is a mess! I wanted Louis to know for some reason but I wanted to know for sure if he did get jealous. I sit back down and regain my composure. 

"Hey" Louis greets, catching his breath. His face was sweaty from all the running. I swallow my own saliva after seeing him. He looked hot. 

"Hey" I look away after staring at him for a long time. He grabbed a water bottle that was placed just below our seat and drinks it. I watch as his throat moves with every gulp. 

Gyda nudges me and I look away once again. Vincent approaches us, sweaty as well. I grab a towel from my bag and stand up to wipe the sweat off his face. He stood below me as I was at the second level seat in the bleachers.

I saw the smile in Vincent's face after I wiped all the sweat away. Gyda's eyes widen at my actions. I look at Louis to get a reaction from him. I wanted to see if he did get jealous.. but only to be greeted with him walking away. It was a 50 50 reaction. Which left me with no answers. 

"I feel like were in a relationship right now." Vince smirks. I smile at him sarcastically and cover his face with the towel before sitting next to Gyda. He grabs the towel and winks at me once more before jogging back to the others.

"What was that?" Gyda asks, shocked.

"I don't know.. I guess I wanted a reaction from Louis." I stare at his back as he walks away from us to his friends. I felt bad for doing that. A part of me felt sad that he just walked away and the other because I didn't get a reaction from him.

Was I even on my right mind?

~~~

10/28/20

chapter 8 spoiler: 

"see through top"