Chapter 21: cheers

"Have fun, miss Roberts!" Mr. Oakley says before driving off. I stare at my reflection on the glass windows of the airport. Biker shorts and a sweater, after all, I couldn't care less about this trip, might as well dress comfortably.

After minutes of checking myself out, I drag my luggage inside. I spot the others in one area, all huddled up.

I noticed Louis first since it was hard not to. He was being playful with Liana. Speaking of Liana, why was she here? Then I suddenly remember that her and Levi never broke up. 

She's still bitchy as ever. Who invited her?

A part of my anger sort of died down but seeing them being all close with one another made me rethink it. He wanted my forgiveness? Let's see how far he'll go for it.

Seeing all of them happy broke my heart. After everything they've done to me it's like they all have forgotten about it. Yeah they're happy but what about me? I spent all this time trying to forget about it and it looked like it took them a minute.

Like it was all a fun little game.

I look at Antoinette looking away from their direction. As much as I hated to admit, even though me and the group were not on good terms I still felt bad for her. After all she did genuinely like him.

Another thing I hated to admit was Louis looking awfully gorgeous. He was wearing a pair of black shorts and a white long-sleeved polo shirt that had two buttons open. 

Jesus. He looked hot.

Can I really go through with my plan? Snap out of it Ashley!

I make my way to the steel bench near them, hoping they didn't notice me. As soon as I sat down, Louis makes his way towards me holding a coffee cup on his right.

"Hey. Coffee?" He offered. I give him an annoyed shake so that he would take a hint that I didn't want him to come sit with me.

He smiles and sits beside me anyway. What made him think I still wasn't mad at him?

My plan was to play hard to get. The first step. It'll give me more time to think this through. I'll make him fall in love with me and then I'll break his heart. Like he did with mine.

The loud speakers signaled that our private plane was all ready to board. Thankfully. So I didn't have to speak to him any longer.

I stood up to ready my things when Louis takes my luggage for me.

"Hey! You got the wrong luggage" I say, obviously pissed. 

"This is yours right? Then I got it, don't worry" He replies calmly and continues walking.

Not wanting to argue, I let him. My luggage was pretty heavy anyway from all the clothes I brought.

The others notice me and they just smile. 

We arrive at the partridge's private plane and the teens and adults were all separated. I sit at the very back so I could stay away from everybody. 

There were two seats each door and a table on the middle, the seats we're divided by privacy walls that covered enough so that everyone had their own space

Louis sits at the seat beside mine, not a surprise. I wanted to tell him to move so bad but I kept reminding myself of my plan. To ignore him and of course he wouldn't notice that if he were to sit somewhere else!

The flight attendant offered us a few glasses of what looked to be champagne. Louis smiles at the flight attendant before grabbing two glasses. He hands it to me but I take one from the tray myself, still ignoring him.

He returns the other glass he took and the flight attendant leaves. I roll my eyes. 

Still a player as always.

I take out my phone and take a picture of me holding the glass while the back showed the window. I captioned it 'off to wherever' with a heart before posting it on my story.

A few seconds later I receive a reply from Louis Partridge. I look at him for a while, looking suspicious. 

Cheers? :) 

I look at him again and roll my eyes. seriously? 

I took that opportunity to stalk his instagram.

Our pictures weren't there anymore and that made my heart sink a little. No reason for them to still be up right?

I slept for 3 hours before waking up from someone nudging my shoulder.

"Morning, sunshine" Louis greets.

I blink gently trying to process everything. 

Right. Island vacation with a bunch of people who made highschool so much worse.

I rub my eyes and slowly stood up, grabbing my purse. Everyone got out of the plane and I followed.

"It was nice of you to invite us Mr. Partridge" Liana says. Except no one invited her, she was more of a 'plus one'.

We were eating lunch at the dining table that overlooked the gorgeous beach. I sat near Louis' parents not because I wanted to but they insisted I do. Louis was beside me and the rest were either on the other side or beside Louis.

"Of course dear. You're all Louis' friends and we might as well use this old thing once in a  while." By old thing he meant a mansion that had maids clean it everyday even though no one lived in it.

I peacefully ate my salad hoping no one would talk to me.

Louis grabs two slices of watermelon and placed it on my plate. I looked at him confusingly and just smiled.

I could tell he was trying hard to hide his smile as well.

"Look at you two love birds. I remember our days as highschool sweet hearts, honey" Mrs. Partridge looks at her husband. 

I was about to object when Louis speaks up.

"We don't have to hear it mom, really" The others laugh lightly and I couldn't help but join in.

"Oh it wasn't easy. I thought your father didn't like me at all. Hanging out with beautiful women, new ones everyday. He was a popular one back then. One time I even thought he was cheating on me with my bestfriend! Turn out they were just planning a surprise party for my birthday." She giggles.

I almost choke on my salad. That story sounds a little too familiar!

That scene when Gyda and Louis were behind the school building. It was the worst ever! Turns out they were planning a surprise for me.

Those were good times 'till I start remembering the whole purpose of it.

Louis rubs my back and hands me his water.

"Oh and remember when you played in that band one time, you played the piano, I believe it was. It was so much fun!"

What the? Is this a set up?

Louis played in a band too! for me...

"I carried the band of course" Mr Partridge jokes.

"After all the heartaches and sorrows, I'm glad I chose you till the very end. You were and still are my one and only true love" 

"Always and forever"

~~~

08.16.21

hello again! i abandoned this book for almost four months! FOUR FUCKING MONTHS! so id like to sincerely apologize!! who knows when the next update might be probably wont take four months though... hopefully. BUT I ALR STARTED THE NEXT CHAPTER SO DONT WORRY!

i love you all so much and to all the loyal readers who stuck with me since chapter 1 DAMN almost a year probably

ANW ILY ALL SM AND PLS CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MY BOOK!!! FOLLOW ME FOR UPDATES, VOTE AND COMMENT TY<33