Chapter 20: girlfriend?

"Wanna get some pizza?" Elliot offered.

I was at the mall with Elliot after I messaged him that I wanted to talk to him. Today's the day, I'm going to break up with him.

"Thanks but I'm on a diet, remember?" I say. He nods and looks around for any other restaurants we could get food from.

I also look around and notice that a lot of people were staring at Elliot. They were obviously amazed at how attractive he was, wouldn't blame them. He was indeed handsome.

"They're all looking at you" I tell him chuckling.

"You're not bothered by it?" He asks.

"No, why?" 

He shrugged and continued looking.

Now that I thought about it, If I really did like him then I would've been jealous by now because that's just who I was. Instead, I was happy for him?

After a while we finally found a place to eat. After we finished ordering we decided to sit at the outdoor chairs since the weather was quite nice.

"Hey, I need to talk to you about something..." I start. 

He takes a bite off his burger and looks at me while raising his brows. "Sure, what is it?"

I take a deep breath and look at him in the eyes. "I wanna  break up with you" I say.

He just looked at me while he continued eating. He nods.

"I just thought that we both aren't meant for each other and I realized that I only like you as a friend..." I continued. He nods again.

"Okay"  He says before continue taking a bite of his burger.

"Okay?" I ask confused.

"Okay. Lets break up" He says.

"You sure?" I had to make sure.

"If that's what you want then yeah" He continues.

"Is that what you want?"

"Listen, Ashley. I like you but I can't force you to like me back, so do what you want from now on" He explains. 

I couldn't believe what I was hearing right now. Was he serious? Just like that? I don't mean it in an angry way. It was unbelievable since he sounded too nice about it. 

Well ashley, you got wha you wanted.

Its been a week since I broke up with Elliot. So far nothing interesting has been going on. I thought I ended things with Elliot nicely but now he somehow won't even talk to me. He wasn't mad, he was just avoiding me. I guess I was new at not being with him anymore.

I've been to several photoshoots and thankfully my manager wasn't too mad about my ankle. After my Friday classes I went to another photoshoot. It was a simple yet elegant look. NOt a dramatic make up look today. 

I've been on shoots where they made me wear a leaf. Don't ask me how, even I could still not comprehend how I got into it.

My driver drops me off at the mall. Me and the girls were supposed to go shopping today since it was Friday but they all went to some party that I didn't want to be in. Who partys in the afternoon?

I visit several stores and take a short break at one of my favorite coffee shops. I just love the smell of coffee. I take out my phone and take a picture of the large glass window with the shops name on it and post it on my Instagram story captioned,  'Friday without the girls'.