Chapter Thirty- Face To Face with an O'Conner

"Brooklyn!" My mother called again. I sighed rolling my eyes as I got up from the couch and threw my magazine down on the coffee table.

"What mom?" I asked making my way into the kitchen. I stopped sitting on the island watching her chop up some things for dinner.

"Can you run to the store and pick up these things for me. And do hurry I need them to finish dinner." Mom said handing me a bright yellow sticky note with a list of things to pick up. I frowned at the list, it didn't seem like one or two things to pick up it was more like a whole food shopping list.

"Damn mom." I muttered under my breath folding the note on the counter.

"Now that you have your license you have a duty to fulfill." she smiled chopping an onion viciously. My eyes started to get all tear so I moved away. "Bring one of the boys with you to keep you company. I'm sure Parker would like some fresh air."

I shrugged walking over to the closet to find my flip flops. I stood at the end of the stair case and took a deep breath, "PARKER!" I screamed on the top of my lungs to get his attention.

"What!?" He screamed back but not as loud as me, "I swear I didn't go through your closet! It was- it was-um, Kol! And Brandon!" He looked around the corner wall of the stair case as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Did they take my bag of Smarties?" I asked dully remembering why I couldn't find some to eat the other day.

"Maaaaybe." He said quietly hiding behind he corner.

I'm pretty sure I know who took my Smarties, and its not Kol or Brandon. "Okay thanks for telling me. But that's not why I'm calling you." I said to him. As he was 'in the clear' he stepped away from the wall and stood on the first step. "I was going to ask you if you wanted to go out and run some errands with me."

He stood on the stairs balancing himself with the two railings on each side of him, lifting himself in the air, "Mmm, sure. Let me just go get my action figure." He said walking way. 

I waited for him in the kitchen grabbing the note and my bag with my things in it, most importantly my license. "Who's car do I drive?" I asked innocently drumming my fingers on the counter.

She looked up at me then went back to chopping a pepper, "Take your brother's car for now." she decided. I looked at her wide eye, but feeling so excited in side. The last time I took my brother's car-alone may I add- all hell broke loose.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah." she said like she was sure. Oh My God! I ran to my parents office and grabbed a piece of paper and started scribbling:

I ___________, allow  Brooklyn Trinity Ryan to take her brother's -Kyle and Drew Ryan car when ever she needs it. And will not get yelled at nor will hell break loose from her brothers when the car is taken.

X______________ March 9, 2012

I ran back to my mother and slammed the pen and paper on the counter space next to her. There was no way I was going to wast this opportunity. "Sign here and here for confirmation."

"Brooklyn this is rediculous." My mother said waving the dangerously pointy knife in the air. I backed my head away staring at the knife. She giggled putting it down slowly.

"No it's not. It's being careful." I smiled handing her the pen.

She sighed taking the pen and scribbling her messy doctors signature on the two lines on the paper. All I needed was to get this stamped it would be legally official!