Chapter 26- Something Called Heartbreak

"Brooklyn! Wake up!" Drew chants for the fifth time.

I replied with a louder groan hugging my pillow. Oh how I hate the weekdays with a passion. It should be illegal having to wake up this early for school. No, scratch that, it should be illegal waking up this early period.

"I swear if you don't get your sleeping, lazy ass out of bed you're walking to school!" He threatens from a distance. Like he'd dare. He's probably thinking right now, 'if she's missing school then I'm sure as hell going to miss school too.'

"Brooklyn will you please get up!" Kyle orders more politely. I feel his presence standing over me.

"I'm so tired." I mumble into my pillow with a yawn.

"We all are. Can you just hurry up? We're going to be late again if you don't hurry up." He complains removing my duvet and sheets off my body like a bandage.

"I really hate waking up this early for school." I growl sitting up on my bed slowly.

"Thank you." He sighs walking to the door where Drew was gawking at us, already in his uniform, "Told you screaming doesn't help. You owe me ten bucks."

With a loud groan coming from two thirds of the Ryan's, I jump out of bed heading to the bathroom. What jerks. I comb my hair and brush my teeth before returning for my closet. My uniform was their hanging in front of me. Mocking me as if saying 'ha ha you have to wear me, you have no choice, ha ha!'

Aggressively I yank on my button up shirt and slip into my annoying plaid skirt that went down to knees length and knee high stockings. It's these desperate times that I wished I were a boy so I could just put on some trouser pants and a dress up shirt. I was just about to forget the stupid thing I had to wear around my neck and ditch the black stockings and flats when a knock came to my door, "I'm almost done just give me a minute guys."

"Brook it's me. I just was wondering-um...."

"Get over here Nathan." I snicker already knowing why he was here.

Guilty was charged as he stood in front of my closet with his navy blue tie in his hand, hanging his head down in shame, "Brody won't do it for me anymore. I think I'm with you on these whole ditch the Uni code."

"See! Now you understand!" I praise feeling the need to celebrate that someone in this house hold finally thought the same thing as me.

"I also want to say thanks, again. You know for letting me vent out as you put it."

"Anytime. I told you that." I reply, giving the tie one finally knot, "There all set for a day in hell."

He laughs straightening out his tie in front of my mirror as I grabbed my blazer, "Hey, I may hate the Uni code as much as you do, but if I have to follow it so do you." He points out, noticing my less of fancier appearance than his.

"Sue me." I said childishly sticking out my tongue.

"I give you less than a minute before your brothers have you turning back around." Nathan challenges.

I roll my eyes walking down the stairs. All the stairs. Holy moly, I've reached level ground and I haven't been told to turn back around. This is it. This is my day! I'm finally going to get passed them! Finally after years of-

"Brooklyn! We have no time just put on your damn uniform like everyone else." Drew complains, giving me an unflattering look.

"But I made it all the way down the stairs! This is a first. I'm staying like this. I win this day." I say proudly, grabbing my bag and walking to the car ignoring the protests. "Come on, we're going to be late!" I yell to them.