Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Kiss me, instead.

His words trickle from my brain and dance down my spine, like melted butter and honey. The hunger in his eyes leaves me breathless. It's both a challenge and an invitation. I expect him to make the first move, but his lips twitch into the semblance of a smirk. He doesn't move away, but he doesn't move closer, either.

He wants me to kiss him.

His musky scent fills my nose, and a deep ache blooms in my chest. I love this man. I do. Tonight, he put himself on the line. It shows me what I am to him. What the two of us could become – something real.

With pained slowness, I slip my hand under his shirt to grip his waist. Warm, firm muscle greets my fingertips as I pull his hips to mine. The hunger in his gaze turns feral as I slide the other hand behind his neck and urge his lips to mine.

He eases into my touch, allowing me to take the lead. At my designated speed. His lips are supple and soft, and the heat of his breath fans against me in between our slow, languorous kisses. His muscles become taut when our matching boners brush against each other in a slow grind. It's a tease, and I wait for him to take the reins, devouring me whole.

I grind against him harder. His breath catches, but still, he remains submissive to my touch. My pace. My grip tightens around his hip, my fingertips pressing against his muscles with possessive need. I deepen our kiss and slightly part my lips in silent invitation. His tongue sweeps into my mouth without hesitation. A guttural moan builds in my throat as our tongues dance together. The scars from all the pain, all the tears, and all the angst begin healing with the taste of his kiss – a taste of us.

I pull away, letting my head lightly fall to the locker behind me. Our breaths come out in hot spurts of air, and Zion closes his eyes to gain his composure.

"Broncs..." he whispers, a quiet plea for more.

"I know," I pant. "Believe me, you have no idea. But not here. You know as well as I do that Coach usually makes a second sweep to make sure we're all out."

Zion grunts in disapproval, but he knows I'm right. With careful, measured movements, he backs away from me. His dark gaze travels down my body, ending at the erection still very visible beneath my pants.

"My car?" he mutters in a rough whisper.

I smirk and playfully shove him away. "Mike and Gigi are waiting to take me to that party. Are you going?"

Zion dispels a heavy sigh. "I'd rather be coming. But yea, I'll be there."

I try to move my features into the most seductive look I can muster before saying, "then let's pick this up at the party?"

Zion smirks and leans into me. His arms slide around my waist, pulling me into a tight hug of hormones and masculinity. His hands drop to my ass, and he cups my cheeks, squeezing and kneading them against his palms.

"You've got yourself a deal, Broncs."

He gives my cheeks a final squeeze before backing away with a grunt. Expertly, he shifts his boner around in his jeans, hiding his desire with a few, hasty adjustments. He scoops up his varsity jacket and grabs his bag, throwing me a look that makes me weak at the knees.

"Make it quick," he commands with a wolfish grin. "Don't make 'em blue."

I laugh and wave him off. His eyes linger on me – my lips, my body, and then my eyes. Just before he leaves, he throws me a wink over his shoulder. In the silence that follows his exit, I pack up my things while floating on a cloud of ecstasy.