Hiccup Meets Hiccup

Start from the beginning

"Well look who we have here. If it isn't my great-great-grandson, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third." He smiles as he looks at me.

I look at him in complete shock, taking in the words he just said. Great-Great-Grandson?! You mean we're related?! How the hell am I related to him, a man of such ill character! This doesn't make any sense! No sense at all!

"From the looks of it, you had no idea we were related." He chuckles a bit. "I guess that doesn't surprise me, but who did you think you were named after? It certainly wasn't after the Second. He wasn't the greatest character."

Instead of answering him, I just continue to stare at the look-alike in front of me. He even looks the same age as I do! How is that possible?!

I feel a gentle hand on my arm as I hear Astrid speak up. "You two are related??" She asks curiously.

My doppelganger nods his head. "Yes, we are. His father, Stoick the Vast, is my great-grandson. Besides, why else would he look like me?"

"H-how...? I-I m-mean..." I stutter, barely speaking.

"Well, it's pretty simple. Just follow the bloodline." He says simply.

"Are you telling me you put me to sleep so you could marry someone else?!" Astrid growls.

The look-alike turns his attention towards Astrid. "Yes, I did." He sighs. "But I have a very good reason for putting you to sleep in the first place."

"Then you better tell me before I throw a punch into your gut!" She yells.

He holds his hands up in defense and nods. "Alright, alright! Just relax Astrid." He walks over to his bed and sits at the edge before taking a breath. When he releases, he speaks. "The week I was out on my trip, I ran into a girl that looked exactly like you. Same blonde hair, same blue eyes, same everything basically, and she even had the same name. At first, I thought that it was you, but it wasn't. I spoke to her only to find out that she had lived on that island ever since she was born. That's when I knew it couldn't truly be you. So to clear any confusion that I had, I went to the enchantress that lived on that island. I told her everything, from how I managed to find two girls that looked exactly the same, from head to toe. I asked her if it was a coincidence, but she said it wasn't. She told me that one was meant to be in a different time, a modern time."

"And that was supposed to be me? I was supposed to be in a modern time?" Astrid asked.

He nods as he looks to us. "Yes, you were. See, you weren't supposed to be born until modern times, just like my great-great-grandson here. There was supposed to be only one Astrid per time period, and it seems like one of them came way to soon. I told her everything I knew about you and your family as well as the other Astrid. She told me that you, Princess Astrid wasn't supposed to be born until later in life. That you came too early. She said it needed to be fixed, that if you weren't able to return to your proper time, then you would never get your true love. The one who makes you complete." He explains.

"So you asked her what you should do because you didn't want Astrid to live her life lonely and you didn't want to give up your true Astrid. Am I correct?" I ask, finally having my voice back.

He looks at me a bit surprised and nods. "Yes, that's correct. She told me that the best option was to put her to sleep. She mentioned that it would be hard for her entire family but it's what had to be done. Princess Astrid needed to get to her right time, the modern time, the time with you in it. The only way to do that was to put her to sleep."

"Then how come you didn't tell me all of this?!" Astrid shouts. "Why did you just put me sleep without saying a single word?!"

"Because I knew you wouldn't listen to me!" He responds, looking at her. "You wouldn't believe anything I tried to tell you. No matter how hard I tried. The enchantress gave me a spell that would put you to sleep and keep you young until the right person came by to wake you up. Which is exactly what happened. Now I wasn't expecting your sister to also keep herself young the entire time though I guess it shouldn't surprise me."