Chapter 18

A/N: Hello my lovelies and happppppy Tuesday! I hope you all have an amazing day and an amazing week and enjoy Halloween this weekend!! (I know I will c;)

Question of the week: If you had a life motto or phrase or something you live by, what would it be? I have wayyy too many inspirational quotes around my desk and room to keep my headspace positive but a few really stick with me:

1) Do no harm, but take no shit. (Seriously--don't. You're perfect just the way you are and don't deserve any less.

2) Progress over Perfection. (Something I struggle with, especially with writing. It's hard to accept that something I make will never be exactly how I want it, but you just have to keep pushing. If you get hung up on one thing forever, you limit yourself and your possibilities for the future. I'm falling in love with the possibilities.

And lastly, one about body positivity 3) "This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery, it doesn't matter if this stomach is flat or not." --Tumblr user antsu-in-my-pantsu Everyone needs encouragement from time to time but when it comes to your body, be gentle with yourself, please.

Sorry for the long, philosophical response today, but please forward on your excellent, inspiring, and utterly fantastic life mottos, I'm eager to read more! Don't forget to vote, comment, follow, and share this story and thank you SO much for continuing to support me. Love you guys, happy reading! (っ◔◡◔)っ

Royce slipped his t-shirt over his head and tugged it down over his torso as Bailey stepped back into her leggings and pulled on her flannel. He glanced at her out of the corner of his eyes, admiring her curvy backside as she bent over to tie on her boots again. They had been casually seeing each other for almost three months now. It was uncomplicated and simple with her. Even as his mind flashed through images of Laina when they were and weren't doing anything sexual.

He shrugged on his coat and tied his black sneakers, keeping his eyes from Bailey's backside as Laina's smile, her burst of uncontained laughter, her shy lip biting...she flashed across his mind once more.

He couldn't stop it from happening, he'd tried numerous times without success. Part of him panged with guilt every time he followed Bailey to bed, knowing that she wasn't the one so constantly, so relentlessly, on his mind. He tried to focus on her and she did a fine job of distracting him, but maybe that was all she was to him. A distraction.

He glimpsed at her over his shoulder as she came up behind him and wrapped her arms around his belted waist. He forced a smile through tight lips and she responded with her teasing, dancing smirk he had become familiar with.

"Loosened up enough for the party now?" She purred at him. He could feel her breasts press against his taut back, her warmth seep through his shirt, her familiar earthy, farm scent tickle his nostrils.

He tried a smirk, but it fell flat.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" He nodded toward the empty beer cans on her dresser that she had been sipping down since the moment he arrived an hour ago. He didn't realize until a moment too late that his words also had a second meaning.

He flushed, his eyes widening at his crassness. But Bailey threw her head back and laughed heartily like she had been waiting for someone to clap back at her teasing. Once her laughs calmed and her shoulders stopped shaking, she grinned and opened her bedroom door, waiting for him in the doorway.

"I'm loose for now, but I can't promise that won't change later." She winked at him and chuckled as she stepped into the hall and down the stairs to the main floor.