chapter twenty two - habibi

▪︎ (y/n)'s pov ▪︎

this next week was the final week of school before winter break, and with winter break, was alex's birthday. i wanted to do something special for it, as alex has done so much for me.

it was saturday, and i decided today was the day i would put together my gifts for alex. one gift for christmas, and the other for his birthday. i had been planning this ever since he gave me the bag with quackity jr.

i had a jojo siwa tote bag and a cute periwinkle tote bag with cartoon reindeer on a winter scene. the jojo bag would have his birthday gift, while the reindeer bag would obviously have his christmas gift.

i got out the many walmart bags i was keeping in my closet, and got to work. in the jojo siwa bag, i put in his favorite candies, a pikachu beanie, fuzzy socks with ducks on them, an sd card he said he needed for his computer as he was running out of space on his current one, a box of mac and cheese (even though he hates it), a plush of sensei from club penguin, and to top it off, a card i made for him where i drew dr. phil handing him a w.

in the reindeer bag, i put in a mug with the duck song duck on it, a hot cocoa kit, a rubber duck in a reindeer outfit with a light up nose, a duck onesie, limited edition christmas candy, a gamecube controller for his switch, a copy of sonic mania, and a christmas card that had a cartoon narwhal covered in christmas lights.

i had already written in the christmas card, but hadn't written in the birthday card yet. i pondered for a while. i must've gone through at least half a notebook worth of paper writing down stuff that i thought would sound good in the card before crumbling up the paper and getting another sheet.

after a couple of hours and a break from thinking, i finally decided what i was going to write:

alex,

you've done so much for me these past few months, and i can't thank you enough. every day i felt so alone and like there was no point in being here, but now, you're my point. i know it sounds cliché, but you make the world a better place just by being you. you make my life, and your family's and fan's lives, better just by existing. you are truly one of a kind. thank you for being there for me. like you tell me, habibi means beautiful, and you are beautiful. never forget that.

love,

(y/n)

i never thought the day would come that i would have someone around to give gifts to for christmas or to play minecraft with or just talk to.

let alone have someone to say "i love you" to.

a/n: updating during school hourssss 🤑🤪😏😃🙂😇