chapter sixteen - operation: quack back

▪︎ (y/n)'s pov ▪︎

the next day at school, my mood had been a lot better. was i still sad about quackity jr? well yeah, i was. however, i was glad that alex wasn't mad at me and that he still wants me around.

i got off the bus, and headed over to first period when the warning bell rang. i sat down right next to alex.

turns out there was a substitute today, and he didn't care about what we did, as long as we had the worksheet he passed out done and ready to turn in by tomorrow. alexis and i agreed that we would both just complete it as homework.

"time to plan?" i asked alex. "time to plan," he repeated with a twinkle in his brown eyes and a smirk on his face.

"first, we need a cool name," alex explained. i tilted my head, confused. "it works when i do my raids," alex backed himself up, a sheepish smile on his face. i let out a slight sigh with a smile.

we both though for a moment before i spoke up. "operation: quack back?" i suggested. alex gasped, "i love it!" he then added, "we're getting quack back to his duck rights!" we laughed, remembering the animal jam raid.

"what if sam and abby did something to quackity jr. though? like what if they threw him away or destroyed him?" i questioned with some worry.

"they better not have," alex growled. "i'm sure they didn't do anything to him," alex reassured, "but if they did, they're gonna hear it from me." he wrapped his arm around me and patted my back.

alex and i looked at each other, his brown eyes glowing. "i'll talk to them about quackity jr. tomorrow," alex told me. i smiled and nodded at him.

at the end of the day, i walked over to the bus lot. when i got there, i saw everyone who was on my bus waiting on the sidewalk. i opened up my bus tracker app.

"its gonna be an hour late," i mumbled to myself. i sat down, hugging my backpack. then, i heard a familiar voice call out.

"(y/n)!" alex greeted me. i motioned for him to sit down next to me. "i have to walk home today," alex explained. "how come you're not on the bus?" he questioned.

i opened my phone and showed him what the bus tracker said. alex hummed. "you wanna hang out until the bus gets here? we can go to walmart," alex asked.

i laughed, nodding my head. the walmart was only a five minute walk from the school, and i had my own money. alex held out his hand for me to grab, and i accepted the silent offer.

when we got there, alex and i ran around the store like idiots. "look at this (y/n)!" alex called out to me. i ran over to him to see what he was talking about when i saw him excitedly pointing at something and jumping up and down, smiling.

"they have yoda juice!" he exclaimed. what he was excited over was a little bottle of juice that had yoda as the cap. alex put it in the cart we had gotten. "i get to drink yoda's juice," he winked.

"are you cheating on me?!" i jokingly questioned. "yoda and i have a purely buisness relationship," alex calmly replied. i jokingly rolled my eyes in response, smiling, "buisness, sure..."

i pushed the cart as alex walked alongside me. we also got two boxes of caprisun, one for me and one for him (well, alex ended up getting another one for himself, he's obsessed with caprisun), and two pepperoni  pizza lunchables.

alex was now pushing the cart, and he wanted to go to the toy aisle. he stopped the cart. "stay here (y/n), i'll be right back," alexis told me as he walked off. when he came back, he had something in his hands.

it was an austrailian shepherd plush with icy blue eyes. "i thought quackity  jr. would want a sibling when he comes back," alex smiled, handing the stuffed animal over to me. i set it down in the baby section of the cart, patting its head before looking up at alex.

"what do you wanna name it?" the beanie wearing boy asked. i thought for a moment. "habibi?" i suggested. "that's a great name," alex smiled at me. i smiled back.

then, we went to the ice cream aisle. there, i told alex that he could pick out whatever flavor he wanted. he picked out a pint of ben and jerry's ice cream.

the last thing we got was a pack of plastic spoons. we headed over to the self checkout, and then walked back over to the bus stop. i looked at my phone midway through the walk. thirty more minutes until the bus would get here. i didn't mind that, alex was here with me.

we sat down on the ground, placing our backpacks behind us and having habibi the dog sit between us. i opened the pack of spoons as alexis got the ice cream out of the plastic bag it was in.

we were both aware that ice cream wasn't the best thing to eat on a chilly, overcast december afternoon, and knew that we would end up feeling even more cold than we already did. however, we still ate the ice cream.

when we finished, i threw the pint and the spoons into the trash, and alex and i just joked around. when the bus finally got there, alex took habibi from my arms, giving her a kiss on the head. he then gave her back to me and gave me a hug, kissing my head.

i smiled as i boarded the bus, calling out a "love you!" to him as i walked to my seat. as i looked out the window, alex waved to me as he started to walk home. i held up habibi, and waved her paw.

as the bus drove me home, i held habibi close. even though what happened with quackity jr sucked, i knew that it'll be alright, alex was here for me. quackity jr would be back. it's all going to be alright.

a/n: i can't believe this book has over a thousand reads now! the amount of support this book has gotten in such a short amount of time amazes me. i'm so glad all of you are enjoying this book, i love writing it! ^^

my first day of school is tomorrow and i'm scared for it haha, mostly because of the required facetimes. i'm just hoping i don't have to turn on my mic or camera for them lmao

anyways, since this book has now reached a huge milestone, i want to thank some people who have supported me

these people in question are: quackity_is_habibi, YoonJissi69, H_o_m_e_s_t_o_n_k_s, giolibi, mwahruel, Exxcussses, quackitys_simp, Shigaraki_simp, and cxnanGrxy

thank you all so much for the support you have given me! same applies to everyone, name mentioned or not. i'm grateful for everyone that has read this book. your support means the world to me. i love you all! <3