22. Extremely Evasive

Start from the beginning

           "He barely knows me." I mutter looking down to the ground.

           "Lacey, come on, you mean to tell me you have no feelings towards him?"

           I stay silent. Thinking back to the almost kiss by the lake and how whenever he touches me electricity sparks through me. I knew the answer, but I didn't like it. And I didn't want to say it out loud, because that would make it real.

           "That's what I thought." She says rolling her eyes, "What you saw may have scared you, but the idea of losing you scared him a hell of a lot more." She remarked before getting down.

           I hate when she's right. I sat there for a few more minutes before getting down. I walked through camp quietly. Everyone was working on creating rations and prepping meat. Though if we were to die it would be exposure rather than starvation. As I walked through I bumped into Clarke who was leaving the video screening room.

           "Hey," She smiles, "I was just about to look for you. Can you do me a favor?"

           "Sure." I shrug.

           "There's an old emergency aid depot, not far from here." She hands me a piece of paper, "These are the exact coordinates. There should be supplies for us, to get through winter. Take Bellamy with you."

           "Why Bellamy?"

           "He's Bellamy, the protector, leader. You can't go alone, so take him." She explains with an nonchalant shrug, "Plus if you need back up he's probably the strongest person here."

           She was right. So I just send her a quick smile before walking into the drop ship. I saw him standing off to the side but he had his back to me.

           "Bellamy?" I call getting his attention.

           He looks up at me with a sympathetic expression, "Princess?" He asks, testing the water.

           I ignore the attempt at reconciliation, for now, "The Ark found some old records that show a supply depot not too far from here." I tell him mechanically.

           "What kind of supplies?" He asks walking over.

           "The kind that might give us a chance to live through winter." I sigh stuffing my hands in my jacket pockets, "Clarke is sending me and I could use the backup."

           "Why are you asking me?" He asks with a smile on his face.

           "Clarke told me to." I say with almost no emotion in my voice.

Sure I'm a bitch, crushing all hope he might of had. But I felt like I needed to. His smile drops slightly, but he tried to keep it so it wasn't too obvious.

"I'll get my stuff, meet you in 10."

He gently touches my arm when passing me. It sends a shock through my body. I jump back, from the touch, and my hand finds itself hovering over where he had touched me.

"You can't stay mad at him forever." Octavia states with a smirk.

"Why not." I cross my arms, a determination setting over me, a stupid one but I didn't care at the time.