20. These Idiots

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

           "There's still no radio!" Raven screams.

           "Raven, fix it! If not Finn will die!" I yell back at her, she slowly nods tears pouring down her cheeks before she nods and runs into the drop ship with Clarke.

           Thistle pushed my shoulders shoving me back, "Yeah you would like that wouldn't you!"

           This time I do shove her back, because I'm so overwhelmed with emotions and I'm so offended that she would think that low of me. But I can't fully blame her for that, I brought this on myself.

           "Are you crazy?!" I scream, "Finn is my best friend! He is my only family!" Tears were streaming down my face.

           She caught my wrist pulling the shoelaces of my mother's off, "What about this? Huh? Didn't you kill this family." My heart pangs at the words, they reminded me of my father's words to me, "And everyone knows what happened to your other parent. Who's to say your not on a killing spree." She holds the shoelace over the fire and I tackle her to the ground without a second thought.

           "That's all I have left of her, you sociopathic bitch!" I scream, "Don't you get that?! I have nothing left of her!"

           "Yeah I do get that!" She screams back, and I freeze, "I get that because you took my dad away from me." She yells pushing me off of her, and standing up, me following soon after, "YOU KILLED MY FATHER!" Her words echo through camp and a haunting silence falls over it.

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

It had been a few weeks after my 18th birthday, when I was at home sewing up a hole in one of my favorite shirts. The doors fly open and my dad and his two friends come stumbling in, each one holding a bottle of some kind of alcohol in their hand.

I feel my hands start shaking, I quickly and discretely slide the scissors off the table and gripping them tightly.

"There she is!" My father announced after slamming the door behind them, "That's the bitch that killed my wife." He slurs stumbling over his feet.

"Maybe you should get even." Thistle's dad, a member of the guard, smirks taking a slug of his alcohol.

My father smiles at the suggestion, "Let's kill her."

My breath hitched and I screamed as my dad threw the bottle at my head. I ducked to miss being hit, but that wasn't the worst of it. Me ducking gave my father an opportunity to knock me to the floor. My head bands against the steal ground, the chair and the table got knocked over as well.

Before I had a chance to recover my dad sat on top of me and grabbed my neck. I gasped for air, but my father just squeezed tighter. Black dots began to cloud my visions, as I scrambled for some sort of escape.

Right before I passed out I managed to knee him in the crotch. He fell off of me and I gasped for breath. When he came towards me again I kicked him in the stomach, he slammed his head on the corner of the table. My breath hitched when he didn't moved again, I was sure he was dead.

I felt hot tears stream down my face and I rubbed my neck, imagining how red and awful it must look right now. Suddenly Thistle's dad grabs me. That's what shocks me the most, he didn't run to tell the guard I had just killed someone, instead he starts trying to pull off my pants.