33. Today Is My Birthday

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

           I had already cauterized Thistle's leg. It was through and through, so I didn't have to worry about where the bullet was inside her thigh. What I did have to worry about was blood loss. Which is why I had a seatbelt tightened around her upper thigh. Because of the cauterizing the bleeding had pretty much stopped. Now it was Raven's turn. The blade of my knife was orange as I pressed it against her side. Finn held her hand tightly while Thistle would've but she had nearly passed out.

           "That should stop the external bleeding." I sigh setting the knife down.

           Raven throws her head back, her forehead full of sweat. She was out of breath. I didn't try to comfort her though. I was still pissed at her, and I didn't know how to get past that.

           "I don't understand." Finn starts and I thought he was talking about Raven, "How did Murphy get a gun?"

           "Long story." Bellamy answers lowly. I knew he was, not only upset about what happened, but also pissed because he didn't get to beat the crap out of Murphy.

           "We got lucky." Raven pants, "If Murphy hit the fuel tank instead of me and Thistle, we'd all be dead."

           "Wait, there's rocket fuel down there? Enough to build a bomb?" Clarke asks perking up.

           "Enough to build 100 bombs." Thistle states, "But it's useless without any gun powder."

           "Let's get back to the reapers." Bellamy orders opening the book to the page with the odd face. It was deformed, and had tattoos or something all over its face, "Maybe they'll help us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?"

           Clarke and Finn look to each other with a knowing look, before turning back to us, "Not this enemy." Clarke tells us, "We saw them. Trust me, it's not an option."

           "There's no time for this." Finn exasperatedly states, "Can she walk or not?"

           "No." I answer, lacking complete and utter emotion behind my words, "We have to carry her."

           "The hell you will." Raven snaps sitting up, "I'm good to go."

           "Hey, listen to me." I say gripping her shoulder a little tighter than I usually would, "That bullet is still inside you. If by some miracle, there's no internal bleeding, it might hold until we get somewhere safe. But you are not walking there. Is that clear?" She nods before laying back down.

           "I'll get the stretcher." Finn tells me before turning towards the door.

           "Can't run away fast enough, huh? Real brave." Bellamy hisses.

           Finn turns around sharply, marching back to Bellamy and lowering his voice, "Dying in a fight you can't win isn't brave, Bellamy, it's stupid."

           Bellamy moves closer to Finn, and when he does I see his clenched jaw and tense muscles. There was more to this but I didn't know what it was, "Spoken like every coward who's ever run from a fight."