legend of korra : mako

sparring buddies?
your pov
republic city is huge as if it could get any bigger it did. with being on avatar korra's team, it meant so many bad guys trying to destroy this beautiful city that avatar aang and firelord zuko worked so hard to create. it also meant meeting new people like this one certain fire bender named mako.
"mako if you don't get your firebending butt over here i swear i will burn you." i spoke. "i'm coming, jeez." he sassed. "don't jeez me you need to be practicing your bending so you guys can win."
"oh and how am i gonna train huh?" mako laughed.
"we can spar." i smiled. "absolutely not." "oh mako why? scared i'm gonna hurt you?" i cackled.
"no other way around." i huff, turning away from mako and heading towards his brother, bolin.
"bo why is he always so straightforward." i questioned. "that's just mako y/n." "i want to spar with him cause i'm close to being a good fire bender just like he is. but he won't give me the chance to even try." i put my head in my hands.
"awe y/n okay if this makes you feel any better. he was talking to me and pabu and apparently he doesn't want to spar with you cus he likes you."
"HE WHAT? BOLIN!"
"hey what are you guys yelling about?" mako said, running up do to my sudden outburst.
"i don't know mako, why don't you ask bolin. because i know he is LYING."
"why would you think bolin is lying to you? he's not like firelord zuko's sister azula."
"ugh mako just ask him." i said. motioning mako to the red faced earth bender.
"i kinda told her the reason you don't want to spar with her." he said hiding his face.
"BOLIN! YOU DID WHAT?" mako yelled turning. "got anything to say hot head?" i questioned.
"can i talk to you outside?" he asked. i nodded and followed him outside to the same area bolin got his heart broken. "can you believe you broke bolin's heart right here with korra?" i laughed, grabbing my side. mako just huffed. "okay hotman what did you drag me out here for? i know the reason why you don't want to spar with me." i walked up next to mako, placing my arms on the bar facing the water.
"what bolin said was true y/n. i like you." he said, closing his eyes. "seriously? i thought you were still into korra and asami." "can you quit bringing them
up? i've broken up and lost feelings for the both of them okay. all i can think about is you. you are one of the things that keeps my fire going. instead of using rage which you like to do." he stopped, putting his finger up to silence me. "i use my feelings for you. that's why my flames are always so much more powerful then they were before. that's why i don't want to spar with you because i know how strong they are and it's too dangerous." he breathed as if all the weight has been lifted off of him. "wait so you don't want to spar with me cause you don't want to hurt me with me?" i asked, turning to him. "not exactly. it's my feelings for you. it's my love for you y/n." he said making eye contact with me. i sighed and continued the eye contact. he looked away towards the setting sun. that's when i rushed over into his arms, hugging his waist. he returned the hug, pulling me closer to his body. he pulled away after a bit and directed my face towards his.
"you're my fire y/n." he smiled. "i would say my fire is you as well but you think it's my rage and anger." he scoffed and looked away. "but," i said pulling his face back to mine. "that can be arranged hotman." i smiled kissing his cheek. "so what i'm hearing is mako and y/n, finally confessed their love for each other?" bolin yapped, running up to us with pabu on his shoulders. mako tightened his grip around me. "yea bolin i guess you could say that." he said, genuinely smiling which is rare. "yes i've been waiting for this moment." he grabs us both and pulls us into a group hug. "i have to go tell korra and asami. this is huge!" he squealed, running off.
"so you never actually said you liked me y/n." he smiled again. "oh don't flatter yourself hotman. of course i like you. why do you think i kissed you? i don't kiss people i'm not in love with duh." i laughed. mako laughed too and pulled me into another one of his famous hugs.