the internship : stuart twombly

bad day?
your pov
i was zoned out on the green yoga ball in the intern room. team lyle was heavily involved in our challenge. i don't even remember what the challenge was. all i remember is waking up and not being in the good, happy mood everyone is used too. they all took notice but didn't say anything, that kinda hurt. but sometimes people just need their space right?
"okay we've almost got this done! keep going! we're close to figuring this out!" neha squealed at the team, as she quickly wrote down some random equations on the glass board. "why did google decide to use these instead of white boards? i can barely see what i'm writing down." nick rambled as he just copied what yo-yo was writing. i stood up from the ball and attempted to leave the room. just to be stopped by a certain beanie wearing noogler. "hey hey, y/n where are you going?" stuart said as he carefully put his hand on my arm. "just down to the cafe. i need a water or something." i whispered, not making eye contact. "want me to come with you?" he asked. "no stuart it's fine. just go help the team. i'll be back soon enough." i said. grabbing his hand and pulling it from my arm. i left the room and felt everyone's eyes bore into my back. i just shrugged it off and kept going.
stuart's pov
"hey stuart? is y/n alright? she's seemed off the entire morning." billy asked as him and the rest of the team turned to me. "uh no i really don't think she is." i said, as i looked to where she previously was. "was she okay this morning? did you guys carpool together?" lyle said. "we always carpool but she woke up late this morning so i let her sleep on the ride here. she was quiet but i figured she was sleeping." i said as i sat down in my seat. "she doesn't really seem okay. i mean she hasn't said an entire word to any of us. hasn't contributed at all. somethings definitely off with her. but we need to finish this, we can worry about her in just a second. i've almost got this figured out." yo-yo said. i rolled my eyes preparing to say something snarky to him as neha picks up on my attitude change. "hey yo to the yo she's apart of this team too and we need to make sure she's alright. we can work on the challenge till she comes back and once she does we can pick her brain and find out if she's okay? sound good everyone? stuart?" neha asked mostly to me, just to save yo-yo's ass. "yea, yea that's fine." i said as i continued write on the board. still worrying about my y/n.
your pov
i got my water and headed back up to the intern room slowly. just trying to figure out what's up with myself. knowing the team saw my interaction with stuart, knowing they're gonna ask if i'm okay.
i made it back to the room and silently came in. i sat on the couch and looked at my team. stuart was the first one to notice i was back. he turned to me and stood up, sitting next to me on the couch. i sipped my water and kept contact with the floor. i felt his dark eyes staring into the side of my face. he sighed, "i'm here you know that right y/n?" "i know stuart i know." i said rubbing my hands together as i placed the water bottle onto the ground. it tipped over and hit the ground kinda hard. which caught the attention of the team. "y/n! hey when did you get back?" neha asked. "um just a bit ago." i said. not really wanting to be questioned. "you doing alright kiddo?" billy asked as he came over and kneeled down in front of me. i turned my head to my left since stuart was to my right. "yea i'm fine. just a rough day i guess. i don't know. can you guys just go back to work." i said making eye contact with them, so they know i meant it. they all went back to work. i felt like i hurt their feelings but i just didn't want to be bothered. stuart didn't leave though.
"i'm your boyfriend y/n. you can talk to me. rough days just don't happen with you. we're all just worried baby." he said taking my hand in his. i took this opportunity to finally look at him in the eyes. he had worry laced across his entire face. he may seem emotionless and a dick to everyone else but when we first met here at google something in him changed. when we're together he's a total softy. even the team notices. they used to pick on him for it until he completely tore into them with his sarcastic and sometimes hurtful remarks. i was never on the receiving end of those remarks. even before we started dating. he's nicer to the team now obviously. the entire team is nicer to everyone. after our team outing at the strip club and the relaxing moment at the bridge, everyone's demeanor changed. we're all good friends now with good intentions. stuart and i started dating a little while after the outing. we won the app coding challenge and that's when things with us kind of took off. we know dating a fellow intern is wrong. after the whole meeting at the beginning of our internship where billy decided he wanted to bring home pudding, chips, sushi, ice cream and pizza. but we've worked it out. it hasn't posed a huge challenge, we work together on the same team. but we put our relationship aside when we're focused on the task at hand. mr. chetty doesn't know yet. but he's seen some stuff. like hand holding here and there. stuart and i taking the slide together. we bumped into him at the bottom one day. but chetty blew it off. we get our work done professionally and that's all that matters.
"i'm sorry for worrying you stuart. i just woke up and wasn't all here mentally. felt sad and i really didn't wanna come in today. i just wanna go back to bed and wallow in my sadness." i said looking back at him with a slight pout. he kissed my cheek, "when we get off, we can go home. you can stay in my room with me so it's a different environment and we can watch whatever movie or tv show you wanna watch okay? or we can go to the bridge too. whatever you wanna do i'm down for alright? just gotta take care of my girl and i'll do whatever it takes." he smiled. i slowly placed my head on his shoulder and rubbed it a bit. he kissed the top of my head. "can we go to the bridge stuart?" i asked, grabbing his other hand with mine and rubbing his thumb. "yes baby we can." he lightly giggled. we stayed like that for a bit longer.    
   the team finished up the challenge with the help of stuart and my fresh eye. stuart stayed by my side for the rest of the day. if he had control over the matter. the day quickly went on. stuart making so many attempts to crack a smile on my face, he failed a couple times. but knowing i was having a bad day he didn't take it to heart. by the end of the day i still wasn't feeling up to anything. i just wanted to go home.
"stuart?" i asked turning to him as i sat on the green yoga ball again to his left. he hummed in response as he quickly tapped away at his keyboard. "can we just go home? i don't want to go to the bridge tonight." i said looking down at my fingers. this obviously caught his attention because i always want to go to the bridge that's our spot. so he turned to me with concern on his face again, "you don't want to go? um that's new but yea, yes y/n. we can go home okay?" i sighed and put my head back on his shoulder again. i did some more work and by the time i finished, it was finally time to go home. i packed up my things along with stuart and i tried swinging my backpack on but his hand stopped me. "no give me your bag." he said, already holding it in his hand. "stuart.." "babe just give it to me. you've been having a rough day just let me do this one nice thing for you. you haven't even called me stu all day so i am starting to get worried." he sighed, looking me dead in the eyes. i let go of my bag and he put it on his empty shoulder. carrying his own backpack on his other shoulder. we walked down to the lobby of google and passed by the slide. "no slide?" he asked. i shook my head no and kept walking, leaving stuart by the slide. he quickly caught up and i felt his gaze on me the entire time. we made it to his car and he opened my door for me. once he got in he looked at me and sighed again. "stuart could you quit with the sighs already. i'm fine." i sassed, looking out the window. he started the car, "baby you aren't fine. the team can tell. i can tell. it's okay to have bad days. but that doesn't mean i'm not gonna worry about you when you have these bad days. this is nothing like you and it is concerning me. i just care so much about you and i don't want to see you like this if i can help it. so the sighs are out of concern not annoyance like they normally are." i looked at him as he continued to drive. not realizing the worry i could be putting on him. "i'm sorry stuart. i'll be okay these things just happen sometimes. i just need you that's all. i'll get better. i just need time." i said taking his free hand in mine. we were stopped at a red light so he turned to me. "i know these things happen and i know you need time. you're just my y/n and i want you to be okay. so i'll be here for you. i love you." he smiled kissing me, something we both love to do but can't because of work. which brought a smile to my face. we continued to drive home as stuart did the thumb thing he always does.
  we made it home and up the stairs in our shared apartment. google put us together in the same apartment when we became interns. i honestly think that's how we became so close. "you go get dressed in comfier clothes than those cute work ones and meet me back in my room okay?" stuart said pulling me into a side hug, kissing the top of my head. i went into my room and put on one of stuarts shirts i stole and gray sweatpants. i took off my makeup and all my jewelry and walked over to stuarts room. his door was already opened so i leaned against the doorframe and knocked. "oh hey my love come on. i've got your favorite movie on and i made the bed all cuddly and warm. i grabbed your favorite snacks too." he smiled at me and walked closer. i looked at him and pouted some. he chuckled and pulled me into his chest. "you're alright y/n. i promise. come on, come lay down so i can hold you and suck the negativity and sadness out of you. you look adorable in my shirt by the way." he said pulling me into his bed. he laid down in the middle and immediately opened the covers to me. he grabbed my hand and lead me into bed. i sat down in between his legs and put my head on his chest. he wrapped his arms around my waist and held me close. he pressed play on the tv and i focused my attention on it. once the movie ended after endless amounts of kisses and snuggles. i was feeling better. "stu?" i said turning around toward him. "stu?" he beamed? "yea? stu." i smiled at him and kissed his cheek. "thank you." i said to him, looking at him in his eyes. "for what     
y/n?" he said turning his head to the side and resting his hands on my hips. "for being here for me today and helping me through this." i smiled at him. "i'm always gonna be here for you baby. i promise you that." he said pulling me into his chest again. i rested my head in the crook of his neck and kissed his skin. he giggled and tugged me closer to him.
"i love you stu."
"i love you y/n."