Part 43

My instincts spur me onwards, without pause. My body just seems to know where Heath is, and while I run a fleeting thought of it possibly being because our bond is getting stronger crosses my mind. I sprint up the stairs, taking them two at a time, hoping that youth is on my side, and my parents will have to take it slow. I career around a corner and yank open a door.

I'm met with Heath sitting behind his desk, Tyler looking over his shoulder, with Geraldine perched delicately on one of the seats in front of the desk. When she hears me enter, she turns to me with a disdainful expression. Her eyes examine me, from my panic-stricken eyes to the way I fidget from one foot to another.

Heath, immediately upon seeing me jumps out of his seat, finishing his sentence short. He runs around the desk and to me, his hands going to my cheeks and his eyes going to my own. His eyes flick from one side to the other, and with each flick, concern etches itself into his features.

"Trix, what happened?" Tyler out of the corner of my eyes looks like he wants to help, but upon seeing Heath with me, he returns to his previous position.

I gasp for breath, as I try and collect my thoughts and for them to leave me in coherent sentences. I feel tears wanting to make an appearance, but I force them down, trying to keep them from clogging up my throat.

"My... parents..." I try to convey what I'm trying to say without saying it explicitly. I don't know how much his parents know, and even if they did know something, should I say anything? Isn't it down to Heath how much he tells them?

Heath breathes deeply and, without meaning to, I match it. It helps me to calm down slightly, and I follow Heath as he continues to breathe deeply. He looks pleased that I'm doing so, and it makes me feel warm inside and calms me even more. He cares. He seems to be the only one who does right now.

"You're ok," he murmurs, and it feels so natural to do it, so I follow my instincts again, and pull him closer to me for a hug. He instantly wraps his arms tightly around me, and I feel safer than I have ever done in my entire life. Or at least in the life I know. I'm going to have to stop doing that, it's only messing with my brain, even more, to think there are memories of my past life that I know nothing about. I don't remember when I was one, but at least it was the same life, and the same "me".

I bury my face into Heath's chest, feeling betrayed by my parents.

"My parents... they're with the flow-" I whisper into his chest but get cut off, by the door behind me opening, and my parents rushing through the door.

"Trixie," my dad half pleads and warns. I skitter away, twisting and moving so I'm partly behind Heath, not wanting a confrontation with my parents. Deep down, somewhere inside me, I know they would never hurt me, but somewhere else is also keeping me from trusting them, and has fear rising.

One of Heath's hands snakes around behind his back, and holds on to me, to let me know he's there, and the other rises to warn my parents to stay where they are. Heath's hand's gentle, just hanging mid-air, as he twists his head to look at me.

"She's our daughter," my mom says taking a step toward us. Heath's hand becomes more rigid in the air, and his head whips around to see my mom.

"And she's my mate. Which do you think has more meaning to me right now?" My arms entwine around his midriff, trying to keep him calm. From all the previous interactions with, and mentions of, the flower I've made an educated guess that he doesn't like the reminder that the flower is.

"They're with flower," is all I manage to say, but Heath doesn't need me to elaborate. His whole body tenses.

"Really?" he whispers, looking over his shoulder to me.

I nod, feeling the tears starting to bubble back up, and after doing such a good job at calming down, I don't want to allow them control over me again.

"I think we should talk," Heath says, staring down my parents. "If it's alright with Trixie, I think it should be alone for her sake?" He must have read my mind, so when he suggested it, I all but bit his hand off. My parents look to me, but Heath uses some of the Alpha power he has naturally, to force them to leave me alone with Geraldine and Tyler.

Tyler claps his hands loudly after a second and asks me what I think Heath would like for snacks, and it makes me realize that although I know his biggest secret, I don't know the small things. Like what his favorite snack is. 

Hi Guys! How are you guys doing (get me up to date in the comments, and if you don't want to do it publicly my inbox is always open for people who need to talk)? I apologize for the delay, and I've predicted that I'm going to be a bit busy over the weekend (completely COVID safe as I'll be in the house) but as a result, I'm going to make it a bit longer of a wait, but not by much - 5th of November! Can you believe that it's already going to be November? I can't. It feels like June was only last month.

I hope you liked it!

What do you think Heath's favourite snack is?

What did you think of the part?

What do you want to happen next? What will happen to Trixie's parents?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and following!

CC ;)