Part 31

The ballroom is abuzz with conversations as we enter back into it. I follow Heath to his parents.

"It's being sorted. Some kids played a prank on us." Heath explains to his parents. I look up at him quizzically. If the flower means something bad, why doesn't he tell his parents? I shake it off, trusting he has his reasons, and look back to Tyler and Geraldine. Geraldine's narrowed eyes are focused on my necklace. I roll my eyes. Her eyes rush up and meet mine, showing her immense dislike to me. She looks me up and down before wrinkling her nose, and making a disgusted noise. I look at her confused. What have I ever done to her? Every time I see her she makes it clear she doesn't like me. She doesn't even know me.

"What are you looking at?" Geraldine asks with disdain clear in her tone. I let out a small laugh.

"What am I looking at? You were the one staring at me." I tell her incredulously. She shakes her head in disbelief. Is she being serious right now? She knows I saw her. A small smile comes onto my face, realising why she is acting like this.

"I'm going to become Luna of this pack, and Queen, and there is nothing you can do to stop it." I tell her. She looks triumphant.

"So you only accepted Heath because of his title?" She asks.

"What?! No!" I object looking to Heath. He and Tyler have just been standing there watching our confrontation. There's nothing really they can do.

"That's what you were saying." She says crossing her arms. I look at her shocked. How could one person be like this?

"No. What I meant by it was, that I know you want me gone because you want to keep the title." I tell her getting louder. She scoffs.

"Yeah, right. I thought you hated him; you called him an 'uppity bastard'. Why the sudden change? All I can think of is that you realised he was Royal." My mouth falls open. It does sound bad, and it sounds even worse that I don't have an answer. I look up at Heath.

"You can't believe her." I tell him. "I'm your mate." He looks hurt.

"I thought you would be different."

"Don't say you actually believe her." I say even more shocked. "She just wants the title."

"Well I don't know what to believe. I've had girls only be with me for the title, some of them even tried to magically make us mates." He says.

"I'm not one of those money grabbing whores!" I shout. The whole room falls silent and they all look at me.

"Maybe we should get the ceremony out of the way, and you can talk about this later." Tyler suggests.

"No. Not today. Only once I'm sure about Trixie." Heath says. I feel a band come around my heart. I look to Geraldine who has a smug smile on her face. I grit my teeth and lift my hand up, slapping her. That wipes her smug smile off.

"I know you no longer have your mate, but that doesn't mean you can ruin my chances of one." I say upset. I ignore Heath and the rest of the onlookers as I storm past them out of the room and the house. I get outside and instantly regret leaving and slapping Geraldine. I'm too embarrassed to go back inside, so I decide to walk home and deal with it tomorrow. I enter the woods, still in human form as not to ruin the dress. As I walk I think of why I did accept Heath. It had nothing to do with his position, and yes I did hate him, so why did I say those words? Would I have rejected him if I had thought about it? I was just coming to an answer when a growl sounds close by.

So sorry for the long wait!!! I was getting Hades' Daughter and War of Fate all onto Radish (a free app similar to Wattpad). I will eventually be putting this one onto it as well, once it is finished. Go and find and support me if you want. :) After that I went on vacation and got back last week, and ever since I have been working on a part for all my books. :) The next part shouldn't be a long wait, I promise!

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following (to those who do that)

CC ;)