Part 40

I am so so sorry for the long wait (there is an explanation at the end)! I am going to be sitting down tomorrow and planning my time, so hopefully I will be able to let you know what's going to happen update-wise. :) 

I enter the house at a much slower pace than I left it. On my walk back I had been thinking over what the Luna Goddess had said, and whether to be blunt with Heath of how I knew about the opportunity for him to regain his title. When I enter the living room, I notice my mom and dad have arrived, but my focus is on Heath. He jumps up when he sees me.

"Can I talk to you?" I ask, motioning the way I just came. His gaze is worried. I give him a smile, to reassure him it's nothing bad.

"Sure," he says, following after me as I leave the room. I look around and see that people are watching us, and constantly walking through. I sigh, and turn to Heath.

"Is there anywhere that we can talk in private?" His eyebrows pull together but he doesn't say anything, just nodding at me. He takes my hand, causing me to blush at the action in front of his pack. He leads me across the entry, and then to the door that leads down into the kitchen. My mind goes back to the party, and the night that I met Heath for the first time.

We emerge into the kitchen and find men and women working over pots and at the counters around the room. At one word from Heath, ordering them to leave, they immediately drop everything and rush out of the room. The sound, and smell, from the pots boiling on the stove fills the now empty room.

"Sit," Heath says gently, not in the same tone as he used with his pack members.

"I'm OK," I say moving to the island in the middle of the kitchen where we both had the glass of water on the night of the party. I stand on the side opposite the chairs, and place my hands on the smooth counter. I lean on them and watch as Heath sits on a chair opposite me. I was too full of questions and nervousness to sit down.

"What do you want to talk about?" he asks. I press my lips together, going back to the question I have been pondering ever since I left the woods. How do I go around telling him? I finally decide for bluntly telling him the truth. He's my mate. I should trust him.

"It first happened when I fainted at school," I start. I see him get even more worried. I quickly continue. "While I was out, I had this vision, or what I thought was a dream. I was stuck in a waiting room for a long time, before eventually I 'woke up' in the office of the Luna Goddess." At my last two words all the tension leaves his body as he relaxes. I ignore it for now and go on to tell him about what she said. "The reason I ran out today was because I saw her again. She came down to tell me that there is a way she could bend a rule for you, allowing you to get your title back... if you want it. She apparently trusts us," I explain. "She also seemed to know what you're keeping from me."

He stays silent for a moment, and I can't work out what his reaction is.

"You think I'm crazy, don't you?" I say, my hands going to cover my face. Seconds later I feel hands on my hips pulling me closer to Heath. I jump slightly but fall into his arms. He wraps his arms around my waist, murmuring to me,

"No. I would never think that." I take my hands off my face and rest them against his chest as I lean back.

"How? I do." He sighs, pulling me back to him, his lips resting against my hair.

"I wanted to wait, but I guess now is a better time than any."

He lets me go and walks to the kitchen door, flipping the lock. Even though he is my mate, and know he would never hurt me, my heart starts to beat faster at his action.