Part 39

You may have noticed that the cover and title have changed. :) I changed the title as I thought that 'a' was better suited to the story. The amazing cover was made by Awakenednightmares! She also sent these amazing ones!

 The amazing cover was made by Awakenednightmares! She also sent these amazing ones!

I love them all! ❤️ Now onto the part! ;)

I look up at Heath pacing back and forth before me, as I sit on the couch. He thrusts his hands up and into his brown hair, his unique blue and green eyes concerned. I mirror his concern as I watch him get more agitated. I move my eyes to Tyler who is standing in the doorway, his eyes moving with his son's movements.

"Son... Calm down, we'll sort it out," he tries to placate. "Heath!" he snaps angrily at him, when he doesn't stop his movements or calm down. His eyes hold an anger that I've never seen before as he shoots them towards his father.

"And how exactly are we going to do that?" I can sense that as soon as he says it, he regrets it, but his anger doesn't lessen. I stand up and move to Heath, touching his arm delicately. He jumps and looks down at me, his anger considerably dampened. I stroke my hand down his arm, and take his hand.

"I don't know but we'll figure it out," I assure him, pulling gently on his hand so he follows me back to the couch. I hold my hands in his as I look up to Heath's dad. "We can fix this right?"

He heaves in a breath, shooting a look to Geraldine who is perched delicately on the opposite couch. I feel Heath stiffen beside me. I can tell he thinks that it means it's a no. I look over my shoulder, knowing my parents will be here any moment. I know my dad wasn't angry on the phone, but was that only for the principal? As I look at one of the entrances to the living area we are sitting in, I spot a flash of long white hair. The face it belongs to turns and I meet a pair of silver eyes, hidden behind a pair of glasses. The face looks familiar. I narrow my eyes as I think. It suddenly hits me. She's the Luna Goddess. I jump up out of my seat. Maybe she'll have something that can help us. Heath's eyes move up to meet mine.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"Nothing... I'll be back," I rush, as I move quickly out of the room. "Hey!" I call, running now to catch up with her. She exits the house, with me quickly following. I ignore the looks I am getting as I run after the woman, who is now disappearing into the forest. I weave through the trees, calling out again. I emerge into an opening at a fast pace, only to stop suddenly when I see her waiting for me.

"Hi Trixie," she greets. "Good to see you again."

"I would return the sentiment, but my life has only gotten gradually weirder by the second ever since I came to your office and woke up with my new looks."

"You don't like them?" she asks.

"No, I... uh," I start. "I do like them." She cocks her head to the side.

"He hasn't told you yet," she states, it not being a question. I groan, throwing my hands up into the air.

"Everyone knows what this thing is, apart from me!" She giggles.

"He should be the one to tell you," she says with a warm smile.

"Yeah, everyone says that," I quip.

"How are you liking your mate? Sorry about the Daniel thing again," she inquires. I give her a weird look.

"What? Why are you here? To do a follow up survey?" She giggles again.

"No, I heard about what happened with Heath, and I came down to offer my services."

"What do you mean?"

"I could potentially bend a rule for him, if he agreed to accept the title as soon as possible," she says.

"He would do it right now if he could," I tell her, knowing it's the truth.

"Well that's great! Tell him what I said, and he'll be king and Alpha before he knows it."

"What am I meant to say? The moon goddess says you can be king if you agree to accept the title now?" I ask sarcastically, bu the moon goddess obviously doesn't catch it.

"That would work," she says.

"He wouldn't believe me," I tell her.

"You would be surprised," she says a grin stretching her face, and a faraway look coming into her eyes.

"Why do you care?"

"Because I trust you and him to run the shifter world..." she says. Why would she do that so easily? She doesn't know us at all. I've not been a queen before, I don't know what it expected of me, or even if I could do a good job! "I should go, but I'm sure I'll be seeing you again very soon," she tells me. Before I can ask her anything else, or thank her, she starts to disappear.

I stand there, alone, going over everything in my head. As soon as Heath accepts this title, I am sitting him down and we are going to talk. He needs to give me answers.

Here you go! I am extremely sorry for the long wait! I have exciting things going on, meaning I have been unable to write. The good news is that it will all be over in just under a week! :) Thanks for sticking with the book!

Go and check out and support anti_bully! The whole aim of the profile is to put an end to abuse, which is amazing!

We will learn what Heath, and everyone else, has been keeping from Trixie next update. :) Any theories of what it could be? You may be able to work it out.

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and following!

CC ;)