Part 38

Now wearing a pair of shorts that were found, along with Heath's shirt, Heath and I exit the school through the open doors. I didn't get off scot-free after my dad called; I have been suspended for the rest of the week. I look at Heath as we walk to his car, thinking back to Monday night and the party. Has he forgiven me? And that flower... it was only that night that I first saw it, but ever since, it's crept up everywhere. What does it mean? Hopefully Heath can shed some light onto it today by giving me the answers I've been waiting for. The party didn't exactly go well, I slapped his mother, and before Heath could accept the title we were interrupted. I stop suddenly, remembering what my dad told me when I first found out they were becoming the royal pack. He had to accept the title before the first full moon after his 21st birthday.

"Oh my god," I let out breathily.

"What? What's wrong?" Heath asks, stopping when he sees I have.

"The full moon," I state.

"Yes...?" he encourages.

"You didn't accept the title." His face holds a confused expression, before suddenly it falls and his anger replaces it.

"Shit! That's what they wanted," he murmurs to himself.

"Who? What are you talking about?"

"The people who interrupted the ceremony, they wanted me to lose the title. I was so worried about you yesterday, and about losing you, that I forgot all about it," he says anger leaking into his tone as he storms to the car. I understand he's not angry at me, but I feel somewhat responsible.

"Heath!" I shout running after him. "I don't care whether you are royal or an alpha, I care that you are happy. So, if you want to fight for your title, I'll be there with you, and I'll still be there if you lose it." I tell him honestly, my heart hurting at the pain and anger I see on his face.

"Get in," he grits out, pulling his door open forcefully. I obey and quickly get in the passenger side, not really having the chance to think that this will be the first time in a car since the accident. He pushes the key into its slot with a slight growl. I place my hand on his arm, trying to calm him down, as well as myself. He seems to relax slightly, but his breathing is still heavy.

"We'll sort this," I tell him, even though I can't promise that. He gives me a quick smile before turning back to look out the windshield and starts the engine. I swallow as we start off at a fast pace, expecting a car to come around the corner any moment, and come careering towards us.

I flinch every time a car comes into sight, but eventually we arrive safely at the pack house. The car skids to a halt, causing my hand to fly out and stop myself from hitting the dashboard. Heath shuts off the engine, and pushes the door open. I follow after him, as he strides towards the front door. He twists the handle, finding it open, and enters.

"Alpha, are you OK? We didn't see you last night," one of the members in the entrance hall asks.

"Where is my father?" he asks them.

"Here," Tyler answers for them as he walks down the stairs. "Trixie, I'm glad you're both OK, I received a call from your father this morning." I smile and nod, it quickly disappearing when I see Geraldine follows her husband down. She looks between the two of us, a sneer forming when she looks at me.

"I've lost my title," Heath tells them, running his hands through his hair. Tyler looks confused for a moment before realization hits. He thinks for a moment, so I look around at the reactions of everyone else. My eyes fall onto Geraldine, and see that her sneer has changed into a smug smile, and maybe even triumphant? She got what she wanted, to stay Queen, but did she have something to do with it?

Here you go! I'm so so sorry for the long wait! I've been really busy with a lot of exciting things.

Will Heath get his title back?

Is Geraldine part of it?

We still don't know what Heath is keeping from her, any ideas what it is? ;)

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and following!

CC ;)