"Sorry we've been flying for so long I thought maybe we could talk and get to know each other. I'm just so bored."

I couldn't help thinking she was a little weird. I could never approach a stranger like she did. I kept my guard up not trusting her motives right away.

"I'm Maya." She introduces herself to me holding out her hand.

"Cora." I grab her hand giving it a firm shake before letting go.

"It's nice to meet you Cora. So what are you traveling today for? I was out visiting family and now I'm on my way back home. I live in San Antonio." She tells me. I start to say something but something else catches my attention. I lean in closer to her.

"You're a werewolf." I tell her like she doesn't know what she is. I mentally facepalm myself. I was just a little shocked how I didn't see it before.

"Yes!" She nods her head and gives me a strange smile. "But you aren't. You smell like human and vampire. Are you a vampire? I was told there are no female vampires. There hasn't been one for decades now."

"I'm human yes. My mate is a vampire." I say before a thought hits me. She was a werewolf with a strong sense of smell. She should of known I was mated to a vampire from my scent alone.

"I knew it! I wasn't really sure at first because I've never met a vampire before." She tells me. "So what are they like?" She asks with excitement.

We spend the last 3 hours talking and laughing and just getting to know each other. I slowly warmed up to her but didn't completely open up to her. I wasn't like her I couldn't just meet someone and spill all my secrets and life events.

We leave the plane together. Her sister and father were waiting for her. I was shocked to see who I'm assuming to be Randy standing to the side with a sign with my name on it. I give him a shy smile as I was over to him.

"Ms. Davis?" He asks me.

"Just Cora please." I tell him with a smile. He looks a little familiar to me somehow. I gasp when it finally clicks.

"Randolph St. John?" I ask him with surprised delight. He gives me a shocked looked. "We went to school together remember? You moved away just after freshman year in high school!" I remind him.

"Oh my goddess! You're Collette Davis's sister! I can't believe I didn't piece it together before. How are you Cora? This just got so much better." He gushes as he pulls me in for a hug.

Randy was a shy boy growing up. Constantly getting picked on because he's a gay werewolf. Bullying is something we had in common. I bet we could have become good friends if he hadn't moved away.

"Come on. We can catch up on the way to your new apartment." He says guiding me out to his waiting car. "I wanted to be the one to pick you up and welcome you here. It's not usually my job. I'm so glad I decided to now." He says with a smile.

The drive was about 45 minutes away to my new apartment. We talked the entire way which helped make the time go by faster.

"Well here we are." He says with a smile as he unlocks the door to my new apartment. Wow this place was double the size of my old apartment. It was warm and cozy too. I instantly feel in love with it even though I wouldn't be here for long.

Randy helps me bring in my suitcases and gives me the tour of my new home. He decorated it himself he told me. I was happy to see there was food in the fridge and cupboards too.

When he leaves I make myself a sandwich, grab a bag of chips and sit down at the kitchen island. I take out my phone and call Marcellus. He answers on the first ring.

"Mi amor, how was your plane ride? How's the new apartment?" He asks me in a silky voice. I shiver.

"Good, and good. I miss you." I tell him with a sigh.

"I miss you too, mi belleza." He tells me. I hear a thump in the background and then someone curses. "I'm a little busy at the moment. Can I call you back when I'm done?"

"Yes but I don't promise to still be up. I'm tired." Tired and sad. Sad because I missed him and just wanted him here with me.

"That's okay, mi amor. Get some sleep and call me when you wake up in the morning. Te amo mucho, mi belleza." He hangs up.

I stare at my phone. "I love you, too." I say out loud even though he wouldn't hear me sense he already hung up.

I take a quick shower and throw on a oversized t-shirt and nothing else. I climb into bed, curl up in the big soft comforter and surprisingly fall fast asleep. I'd been sleeping for a few hours when my dream shifts to something more familiar.

I'm standing in the woods by myself. I glance around until I finally spot him. My heart lurches and I move slowly towards him. He's perfectly sculped bare back is to me. He has on a pair of basketball shorts and nothing else.

When I reach him I run my hands softly up his back. He shivers but otherwise doesn't move. I wrap my arms around his waist and press my front again his back. We both let out a sigh.

"I miss you." I whisper against his back. He finally turns around and butterflies fill my stomach as my core clenches at the look in his eyes.

I bring my hands up his abs and pecs before I wrap them around his neck. I pull his head down as I lift up onto my tip toes to slam my mouth against his. I moan as soon as our lips make contact.

When I open my eyes again we're laying down on a king sized bed in the middle of an open field. The moon and stars shining bright above us. I glaze into Marcellus adoring eyes.

"I miss you too, mi amor." He whispers to me. My body is on fire from his touch. He makes passionate love to me under the stars.

Afterwards we just lay there and talk for what seemed like hours.

Before I know it I'm waking up in my own apartment. My heart and soul calling out to him. I text him a good morning message and tell him I'd call him when I got home from work.

____________________________________