Get Excited

"Plastic hurtle is cleared!" Shouted Chrome.

"The wire hurtles cleared!" Cheered Suika.

"Vacuum tube hurtle is cleared!" Added Kaseki.

"Microphones cleared!" Said Kohaku.

"We've cleared all the hurtles. Finally..." Senku smirked. " Our ultramarathon science project is complete!"

"We've come so ridiculously far..." Stated Evee. " and now....in the middle of this primitive stone world..."

"We've built a thriving scientific civilization from scratch." Added Senku. Everyone was gathered around, marveling at the new creation. " The most powerful weapon of Modern Warfare is one that shoots voices over infinite distances. " The scallion haired scientist smirked again. "It's the birth of the cellphone."

Evee turned the handle. Electricity sparked out the top of the rod. Everyone cheered.

"Our voices will dance across the sky....and they'll travel far into the distance." Said Ruri.

"Kinda weird to think about." Added Suika, smiling.

" Sure is. It's amazing we can send our voices out so far but I wonder how others will hear them?" Asked Kohaku. Senku and Evee stopped and stared at each other. Everyone stared at them.

"Oooh....wooopsie...." Evee said sheepishly.

"Guess we're gonna need another one!" Added Senku. Everyone but Gen fell backwards in exhaustion.

" You two kept quiet about that on purpose didn't you... because if everyone knew you needed more than one cell phone they might have been less willing to help out...." Gen said with a deadpan expression.

Senku started unravelling the full of wire across the bridge to the chief Hut.

"We will need more than one to make a proper cell phone..." Evee said. " But if we run a long cable it should function sort of like a landline."

Ruri that surrounded by the rest of villagers in front of the one piece of the phone. Evee and Senku stood beside her. At the other end of the line, in the science hut, stood Chrome.

" You did some amazing work Senku."

"We did. We all did."

"Ruri..." Chrome's voice came out of the funnel. Everyone gasped and stared. "....THIS IS SOME PRETTY BAD STUFF HUH?! SCIENCE IS AWESOME!!!" yelled Chrome. Ruri's face flushed red.

"Whoa!"

"I could hear him!"

"It worked?!" Cheered the villagers.

"It's crazy. That wa definitely Chrome's voice we heard." Jasper said, astonished.

"I-I don't get it at all. How can something so tiny talk like that?" Asked Magma.

"It's almost like a speaker huh?" Asked Ruri.

" It's not almost like a speaker, it is one." Senku said proudly.

" With microphones and speakers sounds convert through electricit-" Evee stopped. Senku and her stood there in shock for a moment.

"Ruri.... what you said just now...almost like a speaker...."

"Yeah a speaker!"

"It's like a bee!"

"Is this a bee or what?"

"Uh...how is a speaker like a bee?" Gen asked.

" Well I mean I thought speakers were a certain variety of bee..." Ruri said.