Day 5

Estimated Time, 1200 Hours.

I feel bad for Kohaku. Not only for her sister being sick, but also the fact that she doesn't understand how science goes. It wasn't like we would get the sulfuric acid and suddenly everything would simple. There were still a few things we had to do. After the boys got back and that,ahem, encounter, Kohaku was beyond ecstatic.

"Now we can finally make the miracle drug to save Ruri's life!"

"Yeah, um.... We still have a few steps to go." Chrome explained. I see Senku has been teaching him well. "You remember that crazy roadmap to the drug right?"

"... Yea....I recall it being incredibly long..." Kohaku said with a deadpan stare.

"Don't worry Kohaku.....we'll save Ruri." I reassured the feisty blonde. " We have just about every component that we need."

"Exactly. Iron, Electricity, Salt and Sulfuric acid.... As we have all the materials in place, we just have to light up all the dark spots on the road map." Senku walked into the Stone age laboratory and grabbed a few glass beakers off the shelves.

"Are we going to like them all up today?" I smirked.

" Damn straight. It's time for a little mad chemical cooking class. So you better get excited."

I got to go we're going to start work now.

Real Time.

"So what do we do?" Kohaku stood next to Suika, watching us work.

"First, we boil the sulfuric acid." I explained. " Then add a pinch of salt."

"What's this thing? This glass thing looks like it has a little stick in it."

"You asked me to make this weird doohickey and I did it! I don't know what you are going to use it for but you went and got me excited!" Kaseki complained. I rolled my eyes.

"It's all part of the dripping system." Senku started.

"We're catching the gas coming out of the sulfuric acid in the salt mixture as it drips."

We watched as it continued dripping. Senku, Chrome and I had on the gas masks. After it was finished, Senku held up the bottle, amused.

"Hydrochloric acid acquired."

"Hydro...what...." Kohaku tilted her head in confusion.

"It's a slightly dangerous chemical."

"Get the stuff in your eyes and you'll go blind. Next you take the centers of the sulfuric acid spring, which some call flowers of sulfur, boil'em, throw'em into the hydrochloric acid we just made and.." Senku motioned to me as I picked up the new concoction.

" Now we have chloro sulfuric acid."

"Chloro sulfuric...."

"It's a wicked bad chemical." I said smirking. "Get this on your skin and you'll turn into a skulking zombie...."

"Next step."

Ginrō and Kinrō cracked away at the generator. Senku tested the wires before placing them into the murky mixture in front of him.

"Hm.... Kind of smells like a swimming pool...."I said. The scallion haired genius smirked. Chrome watched in amazement.

"What are you doing now?" Kohaku asked. I turned to her.

"We'll seperate the salt water with electricity which means,"

"Now we aquired sodium hydroxide!" Senku yelled, bottling the new ingredient.