Day 6, Part 3

Real Time.

Chrome and Magma stood motionless. The tension so thick that you could cut it with a butter knife, if they still existed that is.

" if this was a normal fight he wouldn't have a chance. But we're doing this as a team." Kohaku said.

" All we can do is hope that Kinrō inflicted enough damage on him in the first fight..." Senku added.

" I pray the gods are watching you right now Chrome!" Yelled Suika.

"Semi finals! Magma vs Chrome! Begin!"

Chrome lunged at Magma, trying to hit him in the crotch like he had trained, but Magma was too fast. With one hit, he had Chrome on the ground, bleeding. He didn't stop there. Swing after swing, he continued pelting Chrome. The screams of pain and agony where almost too much to listen to.

"This is horrible." Said one of the village girls.

"Magma is just toying with him at this point." Said a boy.

"Ahhh! Give up and beg for mercy!!!" Shouted Ginrō. Suika was in tears.

"It's not looking very good!"

"Crap....huh?" I looked towards the bridge to see a black and white haired boy around my age. He was in a purple cloak.

"Listen up. You and I both know since Ruri is on the line you're not giving up." Magma said. I could hear Chrome mumble from the ground.

"Oh so you are kind of smart. I always thought you only had meat for brains."

"Ha. It's lit a fire in me, which is why until Ruri comes down here and begs for me to stop, I'm going to keep beating you into the ground."

".... Special attack! Blinding!" Chrome threw a hand full of sand into Magma's eyes and jumped over, covering a broken piece of Suika's melon mask.

"Agh! Special attack my ass!" Magma began hitting Chrome once again. The blooded brunette swung around, holding the broken melon out with his staff.

"I'll use science, to fight!"

"What is Chrome doing...?" Kohaku questioned.

"Oh look, it's that pathetic sorcery mask I destroyed earlier... What are you planning to do with it now? You can't possibly think you can beat me with it..."

".....I understand now. He's trying to start a fire, with that lens and Magma's dark clothes.... At least that's his plan...it won't work though. The magnifying glass I used to start a fire is convex, it focuses light..."

"The kind they use in glasses are concave, they spread light." I finished.

"What does that mean?" Asked Kohaku.

"it means there's a 10 billion percent chance that Suika's glasses won't cause a fire."

Chrome didn't move from his position. Magma laughed.

" Come on are you going to fight or just stand there!? Even with that mask there's no way you can win!"

" Chrome! You can't start a fire with a concave lens!" Senku shouted.

"Yea.... Don't worry about a thing Professor Senku.... I may be a novice but I'm still a science user!" Chrome shouted back. Senku and my eyes widened. We realized what was going on.

"Hold on....could...that really..."

"...Back when he was covering the broken mask....he dripped water over the concave lens...." I said.

" And with his tears he turned the concave lens into a convex!" Senku finished.

"Will that be enough to start a fire though?"

"Yea...there was even a cool case about it once using a su-" Senku spun around, staring at the pinkish purple cloak wearing boy I had seen earlier. "Asagiri Gen?"

"What's that sneak doing back here?"

"Wait...Asa...as in the mentalist?" I asked. Senku nodded.

" I see you have another member. How interesting."

"Why is he here? since when has he been a part of the kingdom of science?"

"I'm sure now is not the time to be worrying about me...." Gen said. He was standing on top of the wooden pole that connected to the bridge. " We should worry about Chrome. If the king of science is to fail today, I'll never get my bottle of cola."

"Hehheh...you've been watching all this time haven't you?"

"Hm... Exactly how much is time does he need to start the fire?" The skunk haired kid asked. Senku and I looked at each other.

"You asked like that math is simple. It's not." Senku said. " However."

"Diameter of 5 centimeters." I started.

"Solar consonance, 1362 Watts per square meter. Damn it, calculating the heat transfer rate isn't easy mentally."

" 2.6821. Round it down to 2.68...radiation rate is 0."

" Calm winds. birdnicion conditions are close to paper."

"With the specific heat of 1.3 kilojoules and density of 900 kilograms per cubic meter."

"And ignition point of 300 degrees Celsius..." Senku and I both looked at each other and smirked.

" 60 seconds." We said in unison. "Right on the dot."

"Okay. Time for this mentalist to go to work." Gen jumped off the pole and onto one of the huts. "Oh Magma!~ I just want to thank you! You know, for killing me the other day!"

"I-its you! The sorcerer from outside!"

"Impossible! How are you still alive!?" Mantle yelled.

"Why, from my sorcery of course!" Gen chuckled and did a bunch of strange moves. There was a small explosion of flowers above the two fighters. "Haha! I put a curse on you! You'll heart will explode the moment you take a step! Tread lightly!"

"A-ah...this can't be allowed! It's outside interference! It's against the rules!"

"Only if you heart actually explodes!" I yelled. Senku and I gave an evil grin.

"Yea i mean if he's bluffing it's just a taunt. No shame in that. You wanna test the theory?"

"Will it explode? Who knows?"

"...that's dirty." Kinrō muttered.

" So dirty." Kohaku agreed. Magma grabbed his chest. He dared not to move.

"Hurry up Chrome. This is your chance while I have him incapacitated..." Gen said.

"....oh...b...but I'm so terrified....I...can hardly move..." Chrome said, barley making it convincing.

"That's terrible acting...but luckily Gen sold it."

"Please Chrome. This spell is using the last of my magic reserves! I can only hold it for a minute!" Gen whined, trying to make things even more believable. Magma laughed.

" What a wimp! All I have to do is wait long enough for the sorcerer's spell to wear off and then you're dead!"

We all stared, quietly. Suddenly smoke began to rise as Magma's pants caught on fire.

"And now. Slap A."

"Wha-ah!" Magma slapped the fire on his pants, trying to get it to go out. The fire spread over his clothes, making him roll across the ground.

"The fire is spreading across the fuzz on his clothes." I said. " And he can't stop it."

"Hey Magma! I have no intention on becoming a murderer. So this once, I'll help you out!" Chrome shouted. He charges the big blond, hitting him I'm the groin and sending him off the side. We stared in disbelief.

"Winner! Chrome!"

"YEEEEAAAA!"

"He did it! He did it!!!" I cheered.

"Yeah! Everyone left is on our side!!" Suika cheered.

" That's right! No matter what its victory for the kingdom of science!"