Day 4

Estimated Time, 900 Hours.

Yesterday, we found the pond of sulfuric acid. The only issue is none of us can get close enough to it, at least, we couldn't until last night. After finding the acid, Senku and I came up with how to make stone-age gas masks. We got what we needed and thanks to mine and Kaseki's amazing creating skills, we where able to make a mask. The only problem is, Senku insisted on going by himself. Here's how that went.

"Alright. Chrome, Evee...If I don't come back, Evee you need to teach Chrome everything about science."

"Hold on, you not doing this alone." Chrome said.

"We can't risk all of us dying. I'm doing this alone."

"The hell you are. Senku I'm going with you!" I yelled. He looked at me and smirked.

"Who are you? My girlfriend?"

"She's right. Senku one of us has to at least go with you. You can't do this alone. You've taught me a lot about science but there's no way I'm letting you die. I can't remember everything you teach me, and I can't win the tournament for Ruri, so I'm at least going to help you."

Oh, so before I joined here, there's apparently a tournament being held to determine the villages new chief. On top of that, whoever wins will also be Ruri's, the chiefs oldest daughter and Kohaku's sister, husband. Chrome has a crush on her, and has for years. The only problem is that Chrome isn't that good of a fighter. He even said he accepts the fact that whoever wins will be her husband but if that's either, Ginrō or Kinrō, we will be able to do what we have to and finish the sulfa drug. Kohaku has even been training the two spear-wielding bodyguards. It's going great, but back to what I was saying before.

"Senku, you'll need someone with you. Don't think this is a suicide mission because it's not. You'll get the sulfuric acid and return....both of you." I said. Senku stared at both of us and gave a cunning smirk.

"....Ha... alright.....you two are annoying.... Guess we'll have to make another gas mask"

And that is what we did. We now had two gas masks, which Chrome and Senku looked completely ridiculous in. I would have gone if it wasn't for, one, my poisoning and two, my glasses. Ginrō has been sulking about the fact that he flipped out last night and almost got himself killed. Kinrō is training with Kohaku. Kaseki has been making something, not sure what. Suika is off somewhere and the boys have left a few moments ago to get the acid. So, here I sit writing because I'm worried beyond anything. They better get back to us okay. I don't want anything to happen. My mind is going through scenarios and I have all this frustration built up thinking about it. I need to train. That'll help calm my nerves.

Real Time.

I got up from the ground and set my tablet down. Fixing my glasses, I made my way over to where Kohaku and Kinrō where. Kinrō was trying to block her, but due to his nearsightedness, that was difficult.

"Kohaku."

"Yes?"

"I need you to train with me." I said. She raised her hand, indicating for the sparring to stop. Kinrō relaxed and turned to me.

"We are in the middle of something." He said.

"Just.....look I need to get all this.... frustration out.... And I figured this would be a good way."

"....It's alright Kinrō, take a break." Kohaku commanded. Kinrō bowed and handed me his spear. The actual weapon part of it was wrapped up and tied to make it more of a padded staff.

"Don't break it."

"Don't worry."

He walked away, leaving me and Kohaku alone. I spun the spear in my hand, ready to begin. Kohaku did the same.