Day 6, Part 2

Real Time.

With his newfound vision, it was obvious Kinrō was superior. Magma's strength was in cheap tricks and the inconvenience of others. Yet, I could tell he had another cheap trick up his sleeve. I grabbed Senku's arm, unsettled. He could tell I knew something wasn't right.

"Hooray! Amazing Kinrō! But when you wear my melon mask you look silly." Suika said. Senku and Chrome nodded in agreement.

"Alright! Magma is all worn out! Kinrō is gonna win!" Ginrō cheered.

"We're that much closer to victory!" Kaseki said.

"Y-youre amazing Kinrō, but I assume that melon is your sorcery....that's against the rules isn't it?"

".... Possibly..." Kinrō responded. Magma was on his knees. " In fact....I must ask if it's allowed..."

"...I can't move anymore....I can barely speak...the match is over...ask ol'Jasper...if he confirms it...I'll take my loss to you like a man."

"I don't know what's going on but Magma looks so gentle all the sudden."

"I don't like this..." I whispered. Senku slipped his arm free and held my hand.

"We can't interfere...."

"But-"

"Referee..." Kinrō was now turned away from Magma. " It's clear Suika threw this mask into the ring to help me, yet I still put it on.... Does it nulify my victory?"

" Come on man.... Keep your mouth shut it could cost you the win." Chrome complained.

"Kinrō always have to follow the rules." Ginrō answered. Jasper stood there thinking.

"Well.... You didn't use the item as a weapon, it is merely clothing... therefore I'll allow it-"

"KINRŌ!!!" I yelled, but it was too late. Magma swung his weapon down on Kinrō's head. The melon was smashed apart and Kinrō collapsed to the ground.

"Hahaha!! I just knew you were too much of a good doer to just take the win!!" Magma laughed. We stood there horrified. Jasper sighed and closed his eyes. He raised his hand.

"Winner! Magma!"

The viewers of the battle all cheered for the victor. Chrome was pissed. I let go of Senku and stepped forward, ready to give Magma a piece of my mind. Senku grabbed me and pulled me back.

"Kinrō!!" Ginrō cried. Jasper carried the injured teen over to us.

"...argh...I-im s-sorry."

"What matters is you're alive!" Ginrō continued crying. Jasper sat Kinrō down and went back to his spot.

".....tch...heh... Well that's how it goes.... We are approaching this as a team so as long as one of us wins, we'll be fine." Senku said.

"He looks worn out....that's all that matters...." I said.

"Next battle! Mantle verus Chrome!"

"O-oh it's my turn?" Chrome stuttered and walked forward. Mantle stood there's in thw ring with two padded axes.

"Hm... I'm more worried about the battle after this...." Senku mumbled.

"If Kohaku isn't back by the end of this fight she'll be disqualified....." I said, dabbing a wet cloth against Kinrō's head.

"Ow."

"Well stop moving..."

"Hm? Where is Kohaku? Did she go somewhere?" Suika asked.