𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐨 𝐎𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐩𝐭. 𝐭𝐰𝐨

After Jonathan and Lea drove to the xerox place they went to school. Jonathan turned to Lea as she was unbuckling her seat belt.

"Listen, you don't have to do this. I can just do it by myself." The boys said looking at his hands when she turned to look at him.

"Come on Byers. There's no way I could let you do this by yourself. You need people around you right now, so let's go put these damn flyers up." Lea finished smiling and patting Jonathan's hand that rested on the armrest.

The blonde girl got out of Jonathan's car receiving a few glances and dirty looks but she didn't care. They weren't going to stop her from doing something for the Byers'. With her stack of flyers in hand, she walked into the school next to Jonathan.

Jonathan was much taller than Lea. It was no surprise that Lea wasn't the taller type of girl. She was more petite and short. Lea was only about five-two and a half. Almost everyone in her school was taller than her.

Sometimes she wished that she was one of those girls in the beauty magazines she read. Long tan legs, perky but not too big breasts, and the fashion sense of an actual model. But she had short legs, small breasts, and the fashion sense of a typical 80's girl who tried to look different but ended up looking like everyone else. Sometimes she even wished that she looked like Nancy. She thought Nancy was absolutely beautiful. Nancy thought that about Lea too.

Jonathan and Lea stopped in front of a bulletin board and looked for spare pins. They found some and started putting the flyers up. Lea adored the photo of Will on the paper. His bright smile sent shivers down Lea's spine as she somehow knew that he wasn't smiling anymore.

Lea heard whispers that were getting to her.

"Hey, it's the freaks girlfriend."

"Awww they're so cute looking for Will. Shouldn't they know he's not coming back?"

"Just when I thought there weren't any more freaks them there already were."

Lea listened to the kids passing by and saying all of those rude and inconsiderate things. She wanted to turn around and punch some of them. She just took another look at Will's photo and smiled a little.

"Mom? Jonathan? Help me!"

Lea looked around as she swore she heard the voice of Will. He sounded panicked. As she was looking around her eyes landed on a group that consisted of Tommy, Carol, Steve, Barb, and Nancy. Nancy smiled at the blonde girl and Tommy suppressed a laugh. Carol too. Steve just looked at the girl and stuck his tongue to the inside of his cheek. Lea shook the groups gazes off of her, but she still felt them as she turned back to the board.

Some kid bumped into Lea causing her to drop all of the flyers. The kid looked back in time to see that Lea was flipping him off. When she turned back she saw Nancy kneeling on the ground picking up flyers.

"Thanks, Nance." Lea said getting down and helping her.

"No problem. Actually, can I talk to Jonathan?" Nancy asked. Lea nodded and handed her the rest of the flyers. She said a quick goodbye to Jonathan and walked off. Lea began to walk to her locker passing the group of assholes and Barb when someone grabbed her shoulder.

"What are they talking about?" It was from Steve.

"Um, I don't know. I actually mind my own business. You should try it. It's good for the soul." Lea said patting Steve's shoulder. The boy rolled his eyes.

"Hey, I bet they're talking about how freaky they wanna get with each other." Tommy said. Lea looked at him in disgust.

"You're disgusting you know that?" Lea asked. Tommy nodded. Then they all looked over to Nancy and Jonathan. The two looked back at the group. They exchanged a few more words then the bell rang.