𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐯𝐞

Lea had zoned out the entire ride to Reefer Rick's mostly because she felt bad about the news they were going to have to deliver

Lea had zoned out the entire ride to Reefer Rick's mostly because she felt bad about the news they were going to have to deliver. She sat in the back, opposite Steve and next to Dustin holding a six pack and a bag of Fritos as she bit the inside of her cheek. She tapped Steve's hip to the beat of the Elton John song stuck in her head.

Steve help a Pringle to her lips at one point and she ate it without a second thought which Dustin grimaced obnoxiously at.

Lea was glad she could tune Nancy's annoying ass voice out for once in her life and only zoned back in when Steve tapped her thigh, practically throwing the door open and hopping out.

Lea followed, only then noticing the tons of people and news crew at the house where Eddie was supposed to be hiding out at. She sighed heavily and looked around. "What the hell did he do." She mumbled, reluctantly following Nancy as she told them to.

They snuck around the back of a news van and stopped to listen to Powell. "... reporting a homicide here on the lake."

Steve visibly stiffened behind Lea and she held her hand out for him. He took it immediately and they listened in some more.

"Officer Callahan here and myself arrived first on the scene. We made our way to the shore of Lover's Lake, about ten yards from that house you see behind me. It was there that we found the victim, an eighteen year old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick McKiney."

Lea shut her eyes and shook her head. Patrick was who Vecna killed the night before. That's who she felt dying. "Jesus..." She trailed off.

"... Eddie Munson."

The blonde's eyes snapped up at Powell and she signed heavily. "Shit!" She whispered.

"Oh man." Steve trailed off. "This is not good. This is really not good."

Lea swallowed hard as Powell and Callahan walked away from the cameras and the news reporters.

"Dustin, can you hear me? Hopper?"

The group all kind of jumped at the sound of the Walkie coming to life. Dustin quickly got his bag off of his back and took out the device.

"Eddie, holy shit. Are you okay?" Dustin said quietly as he walked a few steps forward.

"Nah, man. Pretty... Pretty goddamn far from okay." He laughed a little. Lea could tell he was in the verge of a breakdown.

"Where the hell is he?" The blonde asked, tucking her hair behind her ears. She sounded upset but she was really just worried. She snatched the walkie from Dustin's hands. "Where the hell are you?" She asked.

"Geez, blondie. Uh- I'm at Skull Rock, do you know it?" He asked.

She rolled her eyes. "I'm dating Steve Harrington, of course I know where that is." She joked, trying to make light of the situation. When nobody laughed or said anything she looked around. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

The group began to head back to Nancy's car quickly.

Lea lifted the walkie to her mouth once again. "We're coming, Eddie. Don't worry. We're coming."

She pushed the antenna down and ran to the car and got in her previous spot, sliding in next to Dustin and handing him back his walkie.

He smiled sarcastically at her and rolled his eyes with a hell of a lot of sass. Lea shrugged and nudged him with her knee.

.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.

"Dude, I'm telling you, you're taking us the wrong way." Steve said as they trekked through the woods.

God, Lea was exhausted. Her sweater made her warm as the sun beat down on her. She walked in front of Steve, secretly rolling her eyes as he repeatedly told Dustin that he was wrong.

"It's north. I'm positive I checked the map." Dustin replied, as he looked at Steve. Leah and he'll quietly and exhaled loudly trying to calm her irritation. It must've just been the sun making her like this.

"You do realize that Skull Rock is like a super popular make-out spot?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, so?"

"Yeah, well, it wasn't popular until I made it popular." He replied. "All right? I practically invented it."

Lea turned around and began walking backwards, crossing her arms. "Really? Remind me, how many girls have you made out with at Skull Rock?"

Steve raised his eyebrows. "D-doesn't matter." He quickly changed the subject. "We're going the wrong way." He began to break off and go down a hill.

"Where are you going. Steve!"

"Stop whining. Let's go. Trust me."

Lea sighed and stopped walking, following behind a very annoyed Dustin.

Many minutes later, Lea witnessed Steve trying to crawl through the bushes like a dumbass and just walked around them and stood in front of him. "Boom! Bada bing, bada boom. There she is Henderson." She crossed her arms and smiled as he looked up at her, nearly falling forward into her. "Hey, babe."

"Hi."

She walked forward and stopped listening to the two as Steve began to antagonize him. "Eddie?" She called out, eyeing the random chair underneath the rock. "Eddie, where are you?"

A loud thud behind them made her spin around and her eyes landed on Eddie who inhaled deeply. "I concur. You, Dustin Henderson are a total butthead."

.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.

Hey babesssssss!!

So I'm in college and I have literally no time to write so this is like all of last weeks work and it's only about 800 words.
Anyway! The next chapter will be the rest of the episode so I'm so very sorry about how short this is!

Anyway!! I hope you enjoy this little snippet of The Dive that I put out because I felt bad that it's been so long since I last updated! And I will edit this once the other chapter comes out!

Love you babes! Stay safe out there!

❤️❤️❤️