𝐏𝐚𝐩𝐚 𝐩𝐭. 𝐭𝐰𝐨

Nancy didn't dare to be near her. She felt terrible about what happened. Lea was her best friend and then she went and kissed her boyfriend. She thought about arguing with the point of "he was my boyfriend first!" but in all honesty, she never saw it going anywhere with Steve. But once he and Lea got together? Oh yeah, they were endgame.

Steve sat on the far end of the couch while Lea sat on the other end with her knees pulled to her chest. Her teeth were tearing at the chapped skin on her lips. Steve was surprised she had any left. He could tell that she was thinking. Thinking about anything and everything. Thinking about Nancy, him, Vecna, the kids, her dead dad— point is, she had a lot to think about and Steve knew that she was just hurting herself the more her mind ran.

Eddie made a noise making everyone look back at him— Everyone except Lea but she was in her own world.

He got up from where he was sifting through newspapers and rushed to the small table in front of the kitchen.

"Check this out." He said as the others crowded around him. "The War Zone." Lea glanced over in their direction but then turned back and just listened. "I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for, uh... well, killing things, basically."

"You think fake Rambo has enough guns there?" Robin asked. "Is that a grenade? I mean, How is any of this legal?"

Eddie rolled his eyes. "Well, lucky for us it is, so... this- this place is just far enough outside of Hawkins.  As long as we steer clear of the main roads, we ought to be able to avoid cops and uh, angry hicks."

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we should go to some store called the War Zone." Erica pointed out.

"Normally, I'd agree but we need the weapons. So, I think it's worth the risk." Nancy crossed her arms.

"Me too." Lucas agreed.

"Yeah, but is it worth the time?" Dustin asked. "It'll take all day to hike there and back."

"Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie looked over at the boy.

Steve snapped out of his stare at his girlfriend and looked down at Eddie. "You got some care we don't know about?"

Eddie stood straight up. "It's not exactly a car, Steve. And it's not exactly mine, but uh... it'll do." He turned to Max. "Hey, Red. You got a ski mask or a bandanna or something like that?"

.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.

When Steve helped Lea climb into the RV, he made sure that she was doing okay before he went to see what Eddie was doing at the front.

Nancy hesitantly sat down next to her. Lea didn't move. She didn't look at her or say anything,  she just waited for Nancy to start. "Lea, I am... I am so sorry." She shook her head.

Lea's lips turned up at the corners but her eyes never smiled. "You're sorry?"

The Wheeler girl nodded. "Yes, I should have never tried anything with Steve that night. I was drunk and missing Jonathan and—"

"What about now?" Lea interrupted her. She looked puzzled. "I mean, you've been a bitch since I came back. And you seem like you want to come between Steve and I, so what about now? Are you sorry for now?"

"I— Lee—"

Suddenly, the people who owned the RV started banging on the windows just after the vehicle started. "Everybody hang on to something!" Steve shouted.

Lea grabbed onto the back of the chair she was sitting in without a word signaling that she would no longer be listening to anything Nancy had to say.

.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.