Chapter 8

It took only a few minutes to get back to the Manor but it felt like a lot longer. I was still shaking and couldn't seem to get myself under my control.

As we pulled onto the street Namjoon stopped just outside the gate. "Do you want them to know what happened?" Namjoon asked, looking me directly in the eye.

I thought for a moment. I was physically fine, just shaken up. Dad had become so overprotective since mum I worried if I told him he would never let me leave the house again.

"No. I don't want them to know." I answered.

I looked at Namjoon's eyes in the mirror's reflection. He wasn't looking at my face anymore, he was lowering his eyes over my body. The tight tank top I was wearing, was a little left to the imagination. I realized this was the first time someone had seen me outside of my shapeless oversized clothes since I was a kid.

I turned back to Namjoon, forcing his eyes to return to mine.

"Do you want to put this back on?" He held my hoodie up. As I took it from him my hand lightly grazed against his and he flinched. I was taken aback until I saw his hands were now red, swollen and still covered in blood.

"Is it all his?" I asked, pointing at the dried blood on his hands.

"Most of it."

I wasn't sure what to say. I looked at the hoodie in my lap. It was covered in mud and grass stains, it also had a splattering of blood on the arm. "I'm not sure how I'm going to explain this?" I questioned looking at my mangled hoodie.

Namjoon leaned into his gym bag pulling out a zip-up hoodie and holding it up to me. I took it with shaky hands. I tried to unzip it but my hands weren't being cooperative.

I pulled it onto my quivering body over my head instead and relished in the warmth brought to me by the soft fabric. It smelt like him. The smell brought me a strange sense of comfort.

"Sorry, it's not clean" Namjoon stated as he started the car's engine and proceeded into the drive.

I walked into the house hoping desperately to just make it to my room without breaking down. "Well, it's nice to see you two together and getting along." Aera's voice startled me as she approached from the living room.

Namjoon grunted then made for the stairs. I forced my face against its will and smiled at Aera before following Namjoon.

I got to the top of the stairs just to see Namjoon enter his room, Closing the door swiftly behind him. I stood for a moment, my body willing me to follow him into the room. I wanted to feel his comforting hands on my back once again. Why was I being like this?

I entered my room and threw my things onto the bed, all I wanted right now was to wash away the memories. I gently took off Namjoon's hoodie. I knew I should give it back to him but a part of me couldn't bear to part it. I folded it neatly and put it on the bottom shelf in my wardrobe.

I turned on the tub and just watched as it began to fill. A million questions began to fill my mind. I added a copious amount of bubble bath and some of my favourite essential oils. I could tell the water was still a touch too hot but I stripped myself of my remaining clothes and got in anyway.

I sunk myself into the hot water feeling every inch of my body begin to relax. I lay there for a while before I realized in my hurry to get in I hadn't locked the door that led to Namjoon's room. Shit.

I tried but I couldn't reach the lock without exiting the tub. His door was closed but not shut and I could just see through the crack Namjoon's outline sitting at the desk by his window.