Chapter 21

Namjoon was still in the shower when I heard the front door open. Honestly, what was he doing there? Oh wait. Do you think he was..

"We're home!" I heard shouting up the stairs. I was so happy to see Jungkook. I floated straight past Dad and pulled him into my arms.

"Jin, I can't breathe." Jungkook choked out and I slightly loosened my grip on him to allow him a better supply of oxygen. I turned back to Dad who had an over the top pouty face on.

"What's wrong?"

"I used to be the only man you'd squeeze the life out of." I chuckled at my Dad's fake tantrum.

"What can I say? I've traded you in for a younger cuter model." Jungkook beamed up at me. I've never been happier to see his cheeky little smile.

We all walked into the kitchen and I had to stifle a laugh as I saw Aera standing at the counter pulling out china plates and silver cutlery. We all shared a look which Aera clearly sensed.

"You lot are free to eat with your fingers out of cardboard boxes like animals if you wish, I'm just giving you the option to be civilized." She exclaimed without even looking at We all burst out laughing and Dad grabbed the bags of fast food and put them on the table.

Dad passed me my veggie burger and I couldn't help but smile as he gave Kookie a box with more chicken nuggets than it was possible for him to fit in his little body. He was definitely going to milk this for as long as he could and I loved it.

Namjoon walked in and Jungkook sprung from his seat into Namjoon's arms. Namjoon held his brother close. Jungkook buried his head in Namjoon's shoulder and I could see the look of concern on  Namjoon's face as his eyes ran over the large bandage on the back of Jungkook's head.

"You two, your food is getting cold." Aera said softly as she looked lovingly at her sons. Namjoon walked with Jungkook still in his arms and placed him back down in his chair.

We spent the meal laughing and jokingly.

Jungkook and Namjoon talked in depth about the basketball practices they were going to have, Dad adding a few comments despite his limited knowledge on the subject. Aera talked a bit about the engagement party, they were planning to cancel after everything with the crash but Jungkook insisted it still went ahead. He said that if they delayed then his hair would have time to grow back and he wouldn't be able to show off his scar. Only this kid would see that.

I went to my room after dinner completely exhausted. I needed sleep. I threw on an episode of Friends and grabbed one of the oversized t-shirts I used to wear everywhere to put on for bed. I was just getting comfy when the bathroom door swung open.

"We need to talk."

"There's nothing to talk about Namjoon."

I didn't even look at him, keeping my eyes glued to the TV. Namjoon walked over and turned it off..

"Hey! I was watching that!" I pouted and turned it back on with the remote but as I looked I could see now he wasn't playing, he was pissed.

"Jin, look I know what you heard downstairs and I know what it must have seemed like but I swear-"

I don't want to hear the rest.

"Namjoon stop! Last night was a fluke okay. We were both hurting after what happened with Jungkook and you being kicked off the team and whatever happened to give you that split lip. We were just emotional and those emotions took over. It's clear from that conversation I heard with Yoongi that this is just what you do and I just happened to be conveniently placed in the room next door for you to do it." The words hurt but they needed to be said.