Chapter 34

Jin's POV

“WHAT DID YOU DO?!”

I shoot out of bed at the sound of my father screaming. It’s light outside but still early.

I open my door and peer out into the hallway. I see Aera standing at Namjoon's door grasping a tissue as tears run down her face.

“What’s going on?” I ask but nobody answers. I walk over to Aera and look into Namjoon's room completely shocked by the scene unfolding in front of me.

Namjoon stood against the wall with my father towering in front of him. My dad’s face is like thunder and he’s looking at Namjoon with pure distain.

I step passed Aera into the room and ask again. “What’s going on?”

Dad’s eyes never leave Namjoon's. “Pack your bags Jin, we’re leaving.”

I look at him not quite understanding what he said as I hear Aera start to sob behind me.

“Dad I don-"

“I said pack Jin! Now!”

I jump at his tone and almost back straight into a now weeping Aera.

“Dad please, just tell me what happened. I don’t understand what’s going on.”

His head whips to me and he looks at me in a way I’ve never seen before. He looks at me like he can’t stand the sight of me, like every ounce of love he had for me has been sucked away.

“You know exactly what happened last night.”

I freeze.

What exactly? Did he see me kiss Yoongi? But that wouldn’t explain why he’s angry at Namjoon. Does he know I covered for Namjoon with his head injury? I still don’t understand.

“Don’t stand there acting dumb Jin. You’re a man now, it’s time for you to start acting like it!”

A man now? I look to Aera hoping she’ll help me out here but she just turns away from me.

“Dad I swear I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

This seems to anger him more as he slams his hand against the wall next to Namjoon's head.

So much for being a pacifist.

“Okay I’ll spell it out for you. I go to the washer this morning to see if anything needs moving to the dryer like I do every morning and what do I find? A load composed entirely of your underwear, his underwear and his blood stained sheets. It wasn’t hard to put the pieces together!”

Oh fuck. Oh fuck. Oh fuck.

Am I the first virgin in history to get shouted at for having sex?

“Now go pack. You’re not being anywhere near this animal from now on.” Dad glares at Namjoon but Namjoon doesn’t flinch.

“Oh for fu.. Namjoon show him your head.”

Dad looks at me confused as I cross my arms across my chest and tap my foot impatiently.

“No.” Namjoon is such a stubborn little prick when he wants to be.

“Namjoon! Have a day off from being an insufferable twat and show them your head!” Namjoon looks at me and can see I’m not messing around. He turns and pulls apart his hair showing the large red cut that has started to heal over on the back of his head.

Aera gasps from behind me.

I point my dad to the dent in the wall still covered in Namjoon's blood.

“He slipped and banged his head.” I lie.

“He got blood all over the sheets as I tried to stop it from bleeding. I told him to tell you guys but he didn’t want to worry you after everything with Jungkook's head injury.”

I look back at Aera who is staring at her eldest son, her eyes laced with concern.

“I helped clean him up and ended up having to get in the shower to reach his giant head. We both kept our underwear on and it got soaked that’s why it was all in with the sheets.”

Dads head whips around to me.

Dad steps away from Namjoon. Aera pushes past me and wraps her arms around her son. “You should have told me, you might still have a concussion.” She says squeezing him tightly.

He wraps his arms around her and cradles her head into his chest. “I’m fine mum. No permanent damage done.”

Dad looks between us all. “Maybe we should still go back to our house for a while. Let things settle.” He says and I almost see Aera's heart physically break in front of my eyes.

I know what I need to do but the words won’t come. Dad looks at Aera and the pain is evident.

I’m sorry Namjoon.

“It’s fine Dad we don’t need to do that. This is our home now. You don’t need to worry about anything happening between me and Namjoon...

He’s my brother.”