Chapter 1: The Morning After

(Skip to Chapter 2 if you don't want a refresh of the story so far. Also some things will be changed. Otis still doesn't know about Adam and Eric.)

Otis POV

As I awoke, I felt a bit weird. Normal urge to use the bathroom every morning and same yelling from my mother to come downstairs. I couldn't figure out what was making me feel this way. "Whatever." I thought. I pushed myself out of bed to change into something other than my blanket.

"Good morning." I heard behind me as I almost fainted at the sight of Ruby Matthews.

O - "Why are you in my bed?"
R - "If you tell anyone about this I'll destroy your life."
O - "Did we have sex?"
R - "Of course we had sex, Otis. I'm not here because I enjoy your company. But I can't find the condom."
O - "We had sex without a condom?"
R - "No I'm pretty sure we used one."
O - "Well, where is it?"
R - "I don't know, it's vanished"
O - "You don't think your vagina swallowed it, do you? I heard about the girl.."
R - I can't believe I had sex with you."
O - "Ok, Ruby, we definitely used a condom, right?
R- "Yes. I'm like 99% certain.

My mom called for me to come downstairs so me and Ruby finished getting ready. Ruby walked out and I heard her and my mother talking so I thought it would be best to say up here for a while. A few minutes later, they finished talking so I made my way downstairs and talked to my mom.

25 minutes later

I had gotten to school a bit late. I was walking to my locker when Eric began to walk with me to our lockers. I had felt the hangover. I told him about me and Ruby and I know that's not gonna be the last time we talk about it. I passed Maeve in the hallway but was interrupted by jocks revealing mine and Ruby's secret. Maeve was really mad about that. I tried to get over my hangover and go on with my life but that was forgotten when I heard a thud at the window. I looked out to see Ruby telling me to come down. I made up an excuse to leave class and went to find her. We made a plan to meet up after school to go to the pharmacy for the morning after pill. Ruby POV

Me and Otis were on our way to the pharmacy and I couldn't stop thinking about my dad. I though about all of our memories we shared as I grew up. I must've have been thinking for a while because Otis tapped me on my shoulder to let me know we were there.

O - "Have you done this before?"
R - "No! What're you trying to say? You slept me with me to you know."
O - "I know. I'm not trying to say anything."
R - "Look, I'm not having your pale, unusually long children, okay? So, just go in and get it already."
O - "Me?"
R - "I can't be seen buying the morning after pill, Otis. People will talk."

He walked into the shop and I sat on the bench outside. A few minutes later, Otis walked out and told me I had to go in to buy the pill. He also reassured me that this is normal. In the shop, the lady asked me simple question about myself. Until she asked the one question that tore me apart. I had to reveal my secret in front of Otis Milburn. Not even Olivia knew my dad was sick. I abruptly ended the conversation and asked for the pill. We left the shop and went to find a spot to hang out for a while. We found a log in the forest nearby. We sat on it and sat silently until Otis asked me about the sex. It was kind of cute how caring he was though. He always asked if I was okay, and if I had given him consent. But he wasn't my friend. He couldn't be. Never. We even talked to the point where he revealed to me that was his first time. I thought Maeve would've done something with him by now. They look so desperately in love but they can't tell.

O - "We're you sad because of your dad?"
R - "Yeah, a bit. He had to quit his job and my mum's really stressed about it. But mainly, I was upset because I overplucked my left eyebrow and I had just got them symmetrical."
O - "They look pretty even to me."
R - "Thank you for checking in. A lot of guys don't."

I had used the pill and we got ready to go home. Otis offered me his helmet for the ride home, to which I gladly accepted. Maybe he's not that bad after all.