Chapter 12 - Last Call Pt. 2

Would recommend reading part one of this chapter before reading this one to refresh your memory. Hope you enjoy!

Otis POV

Ruby hasn't been herself in a way. She seems distant. We haven't been around each other as much as usual and we haven't really said anything. I can tell that something is the reason. I'm certain it must be a person. I don't know who it is but I really hope they don't influence Ruby to stop seeing me. I don't know what I would do if I lost her. I know that life goes on and that I still have people in my life that will help me but losing her is definitely not a goal. I haven't given much thought into who this person can be but I'm assuming that they go to Moordale. Also, I'm assuming they are most likely popular but Ruby did admit to sleeping with a few unpopular people before. This seem very new even though i've been through a lot with Ola and Maeve. I loved them both but this is unique. It's like those butterflies I felt. I couldn't explain it even though I think I should have. Im beginning to question if I should ask Ruby to be my girlfriend. But I still am going to. I have to.

Ruby POV

I wish I could just tell Otis exactly how I feel but he's going to say what he thinks I want to hear. I would much rather date Otis but he has some unresolved things that make me question him completely. It's not that he is still in love Maeve. It's that he doesn't know.

I was hoping to talk to Otis today but something really weird happened. As I sat down waiting for Otis to come into the class, a girl walked in and sat next to me. As much as I enjoyed being powerful, I couldn't tell her to leave. She was clearly new to Moordale and I didn't want to seem bitchy on the first impression.

"Hey."
R - "Hi."
"I'm Natasha. You can just call me Nat."

She put her hand out expecting me to shake it, which I did awkwardly.

R - "I'm Ruby."
N - "I know."

I smiled, thinking about my trip to the clinic with Otis. I was still confused though.

R - "What?
N - "Everybody knows who you are. Don't you basically run the school?"

I really wanted to say yes but like i said, I as don't want to sound too bitchy.

R - "I wouldn't go that far but I have an influence on some people."

It was silence for a few seconds but then Nat started to talk again.

N - "Is there anybody here that I should meet? I'm new and I feel like meeting new people will help me settle in."
R - "Um there is a few people that I feel like you'd want to meet. You can meet them later if you want."
N - "Yeah, that would be great. Do you mind if I bring my sister Liz? She's new also."
R - "That's fine, just follow me after class."

After class, we saw Olivia and Anwar. Then we went our separate ways as they went home and I went back to the school.

R - "Hey, Jackson."
J - "Hey."
R - "Where do you want to go?"
J - "We can go to my house."
R - "Ok, let's go."

Yes. I had been seeing Jackson. It wasn't something I really expected but I don't know what to do. I like him but I like Otis too. I like Otis more as well but I can't be sure he's totally over Maeve. I should probably talk to him about that.

Otis POV

I really want to tell Ruby how i feel but I'm scared. Last time i went to tell her my feelings, she told me she doesn't want to be my girlfriend which sucks. i just want to be there for here. I want to be the one who she can always turn to. it's tough not being able to show her how much i care but i don't know how. I just have to tell her. It's becoming annoying with how much I need to tell her. But even if their is a new person in her life, i can guarantee they don't feel as strong for her as i do