Chapter 37

Harry's POV

Scorpius' birthday had come and gone. It's been a couple more weeks since then and for the most part everything has been rather quiet.
No new appearances or strange, cryptic letters have appeared from Crabbe.

Though we know he is on the move. A muggle born family only in the next town over were killed in the same way as the last one.

The Aurors have been trying to keep track of Crabbe and the other death eaters, but so far they have been rather elusive.

Apart from that, I'm supposed to leave to take the kids to school with Hermione and Draco soon, but I'm having a hard time getting ready.

"Harry, are you almost done in there?" I could hear my best friend through the bathroom door of the Burrow.

"Yes, just, uh, give me a moment." I said back to him.

"Harry, is everything alright? You've been in there for awhile." Hermione questioned.

"I'm f-fine. I'll be down soon." I told them.

"Harry, you're not alright, open the door." Ron exclaimed.

I sat on the cold ground of the bathroom, leaning my head against the wall.

My body is hot, sweat is running down my forehead. I'm having a hard time breathing and I feel as if I'm about to pass out.

I'm not having an episode. I would know, I'm not getting cuts and burns, and I'm not coughing up blood. I'm just weak and incredibly feverish.

"I-I can't." My voice barely audible. My wand was not with me in the bathroom and quite frankly, I don't think I can stand up without falling over.

I woke up feeling completely ill, I thought maybe taking a shower would help, but before I could even get in I had fallen to the floor weak and dizzy.

"Alohomora!" Hermione casted a spell on the door and the lock clicked before it cracked open.

Ron and Hermione both came rushing into the room.

"Harry, what's wrong?" Ron asked, kneeling beside me.

I took a few deep breaths before responding, seeing as I couldn't steady my breathing. "I d-don't feel well." I said.

"Ron, go get Draco and Molly. I'll stay with Harry." Hermione told her husband. He got up and bolted out of the bathroom and down the several flights of stairs to the kitchen.

"Harry, are you in any pain?"

"M-My stomach hurts and my head is p-pounding." I spoke honestly.

I don't know what is going on, for all I know it could be the curse finally consuming me. Part of me, however, wanted to deny that possibility all together.

"Anything else?"

"I'm d-dizzy and really hot. I-I can't breathe." I told her in short staggered breaths.

"Ok, Harry when did this start?"

"This morning."

Draco, Molly, and Ron all came running into the bathroom, a few others behind them that I could not see.

"What's happened? Harry, are you alright?" Draco asked me, kneeling beside me and draping his hand over my forehead. "You're burning up!"

"Let's get him into bed. Ron, go help Draco." Molly said.

"N-No! I've got lessons to teach. I can't be missing school." I said, pushing their hands away.

"You can't very well be going in this condition either." Draco commented.

"My k-kids are w-working on big assignments this week, I can't l-leave them in the d-dust. It's probably just a nasty c-cold or something. I can take a pepper up potion and be f-fine." I told them, trying to stand up on my own.

I was able to get in my two feet, but I had to lean heavily on the bathroom counter for support. My head felt like it was spinning and the urge to throw up was becoming strong.

"I don't think that's wise at all." I heard George's voice say. He must've been one of the extra people near the door that I could not see.

"I'll be fine. Draco, do you have a pepper up potion on you by any chance? I left all of m-mine at home." I asked him, steadying my voice as much as possible to hopefully brush off the worried looks on their faces.

"I do, but Harry, as a healer. I really think we should get you into bed or maybe even submit you to St. Mungo's. This could be a reaction to the curse and I don't think you should be pushing yourself." Draco responded.

"I understand that, but I've already missed so much work this year. I don't want to let any of those kids down in their lessons. So, I'm going whether you like it or not." I told them all sternly.

I'm just not feeling well. I don't need to panic, not yet.

"Harry-"

"No! I'm going." I yelled.

Draco sighed. "Fine, Hermione, keep an eye on him today for me?"

"Of course." She replied. Draco left the room and came back with a pepper up potion.

I downed it in one go and scrunched my face from the horrible taste.

"How's that?" Ron asked.

"I'm feeling better already. Let's get the kids dropped off, are they ready?"

"Yes, they're waiting for us." Hermione said.

Draco, Hermione, and I left with the kids and dropped them off before separating to get to our own work place.

The potion helped get rid of the fever and I'm not feeling as weak or dizzy, but I still feel like utter crap.

After I had gotten to Hogwarts through the Weasley's floo, my breathing caught up with me again and I sat down in my office chair, trying to catch my breath.

It was only a few minutes after that my first group of second years came in and I had to stand and leave my office as to not look suspicious.

My students had settled into their seats, talking excitedly before I calmed them down and started the lesson all while leaning against my desk in the front part of the room.

This is gonna be a long day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kinda just a short chapter. I planned on adding more to this, but towards the end I thought of something different I can do for next week's chapter so be super excited, we are getting near the end of the book. I'm predicting somewhere around five more chapters, but don't take my word for it because I'm still working out how to add a Teddy birthday chapter for you all.

Thanks for reading!!