Chapter 29

Harry's POV

"Don't forget to finish your essays on thestrals, those are due tomorrow." I told my fourth year kids as they packed up their stuff ready to head to their next lesson.

I've only got a few more classes left before I'm done for the day. Usually I'm excited to be teaching all of my classes, but honestly, I'm so exhausted that I just don't have the energy for it.

I really hope this cure of Draco's works. Part of me doesn't want to get my hopes up, after all I've basically tried everything else and nothing worked. However the other part of me is a little bit hopeful that I'll finally be cured of this awful curse and I could go on living my life the way I want to.

Though, reality does have a way of crashing upon me. I do have to face the facts that I'll be dead and gone in the next couple of months if this potions doesn't work.

I don't have a class next seeing as this is my lesson planning period, but I've already sort out what I'm doing for all of my classes for the next two weeks.

"Harry!" A voice called.

"Hey, 'Mione. I thought you were in the middle of a lesson?" I said giving her a hug.

"Oh, their working on a basic potion today so I figured I could slip away."

I gave her a questioning look. "Alright, but is something wrong? You're usually not one to leave your class."

"Yes, I know. It's just, something happened last night and I really think we need to talk about it." Hermione said, her face falling slightly into a frown. Worry creasing her brows.

"What happened?"

"Well. When I got back from picking Rose up from school, I noticed the door to my house was open and unlocked. I thought at first I had just forgotten to lock it on my rush out, but then when I stepped into the house, it was a wreck."

"What?! Hermione, why didn't you come and find me? You could've been seriously hurt!"

"I know, but you've been through enough and I didn't want to bother you. I got a hold of Ron and him and a group of Aurors searched the place. There were no hexes or curses left behind, but there was one thing." She paused, almost like she was afraid to tell me. "There was some writing on the walls in the dining room. It said, 'I know his secret, I'll make sure he suffers more soon.'

"Crabbe. He left that threat. I'm sure of it. He left one for Draco and I at his house while it was burning to the ground."

"Yes. That's what Ron and I also think, but we've decided that after work today we're gonna pack up everything and move in with Molly for a little while."

"What?"

"It's just. The thought of someone breaking into our house so easily, even after I put up all of those wards. I just-I worry about Rose's safety and I'd rather be somewhere with others." Hermione starting crying. I pulled her in for a tight hug.

"It's ok, Hermione. I understand and I think you're doing the right thing." I said to calm her down.

"I know. It is, but I just can't believe all of this. I thought we were done fighting, why can't we just live on with our lives?"

"I don't know, but we're gonna take care of this and soon enough we'll be able to get back to our normal lives."

She nodded her head. "Harry. I really think you should consider moving in with Molly too."

I pulled away. "Hermione, Molly doesn't have enough space for all of us, plus I don't want to be a burden. Bringing in four more people would just be chaotic."

"Molly has always loved the noise around the house and I think it would be best for all of the kids and us. Think about it, we've all been stronger together then we have been apart. This way there's people always home and more importantly there's extra eyes on the kids." She explained.

"Harry the kids can't protect themselves like we can. They've never been through war, or even a battle. Hell, they don't even know magic or have wands. I just really think that the more people there is to protect them, the better."

I sighed. "Alright, I'll talk about it with Draco and Molly. You're right. Stronger in numbers and I do want to keep the kids safe. My house could be next for all I know. Crabbe's managed to break down two different houses wards. I'm actually worried about my own now."

She smiled lightly at me. "Let me know what you decide and I'll come help you guys pack."

"Alright, same for you. If you want some help packing, I'm sure the kids, Draco and I would love to pitch in."

"Thank you, Harry."

"Of course, but Hermione? I can't help but think that message was aimed at me. What if Crabbe knows about the curse?"

"I don't know how Crabbe would know about the curse. We've kept it pretty top secret other than our family."

"Yes, I know, but we've sought out professional curse breakers and what not, what if one of them spilled?"

"I think we need to let Ron do more investigating. I don't think we should panic or assume anything as of yet."

I nodded my head. "You're right. Sorry. I guess it would just really be bad if he did know."

"I know, we'll just stay on guard just in case and if he does know, then we'll make sure he doesn't get to you. I've got to get back to my class, but Ron's working on figuring out what the message means, so you'll probably be hearing from him soon. Don't worry about it for now."

"Alright. Get back to class before your kids blow the room up."

Hermione laughed slightly before leaving the room and leaving me in silence.

Hermione is right at the end of the day. Whether I feel like a burden or not, the kids are what's important and I need to protect them in anyway I can. Especially since I'm not as strong as I used to be.