Chapter 43

Draco's POV

"Our kids are gone."

Harry gaped, slightly wavering on his feet. "What? How is that even possible? We protected them! Our room had the strongest enchantments and you're telling me they're gone?!" Harry yelled. 

"Calm down, they couldn't have gotten far." Ron lays a gentle hand on his best friends shoulder.

Harry shrugged it off immediately. "Don't tell me to calm down! They have our kids!"

Another loud explosion shook the house. Our spells casted over the Burrow were crumbling. Our magic did not leave us with the fortified protection we needed.

"We have to go find them." Harry started rushing for the door, but I grabbed his wrist roughly and swung him around to face me.

"If you go out there, you're as good as dead. Then how will you help the kids? For once, let's think this through."

"I don't care what happens to me, as long as those kids are safe. I won't let Crabbe just take them like that!" He yelled, attempting to get out of my grasp, but I only held on tighter.

"I never said we would let Crabbe get away with it. We'll find them, but we need to stop and think." I justified. I'm just as worried as Harry is, but this is no time to get stupid.

My biggest fear has come to realization. My son is in grave danger and I couldn't do anything to stop it. I felt useless in this moment. The family that I have now is everything to me, especially my son and now it is all falling apart. My son, Merlin, my son is out there and I don't even know where to begin looking.

A third time the walls shook, this time with an ear piercing sound. The barriers were gone. 

"Guys, they're coming." Neville said.

"Stick to the plan. Hermione, Neville, Luna, and Seamus get out of here with the kids. Get to the Ministry and alert them." Arthur told them.

They nodded their heads in understanding. "We'll be back as soon as we can." Neville said before they all flooed away.

Just as they had gotten away with the remainder of the kids, the front doors broke down.

"Well hello again." Crabbe called entering the room.

Arthur, Molly, Dimitry, Ginny, and George got in front of Harry and I. Ron came and stood beside me along with Blaise and Dean.

"Where is Teddy and Scorpius?" I asked Crabbe.

"Oh don't worry, you'll be seeing them again soon, all in due time." He answered with a hint of a smirk hidden on his scarred features.

"How did you get to them?" Ron asked.

"It wasn't that difficult, if I'm being entirely honest. Getting myself through your barriers is pretty easy, but to allow others in as well takes just a little bit more time is all." He grinned widely, proud of himself for what he had accomplished so far.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry shouted raising his wand to point it at Crabbe.

"Protego!" Crabbe said with a simple flick of his wand. "Now come Harry, you honestly think you're in any condition to fight me?" He smirked.

It seemed that Crabbe had a trick up his sleeve. One we did not know about. The way he had said that sentence sent a shiver of fear down my spine.

"What?" Harry asked, clenching his teeth.

"Have you forgotten already? I can see into the future." He stated so simply as if it was on cue.

What could he possibly mean? We know he can look into the future. Does that mean he was waiting for this exact moment to strike? But why? What for?