Letter From An Angel..

This is the letter Riley wrote to Zackary, the night she found out she also had lung cancer.

Dear Zackary,

     When I first talked to you, I knew that I could never have you. You belonged to someone else, and I in which belonged to no-one. I was shocked when you started asking me to eat with you, I tried so hard not to give in; but I didn't have to, you did. Running around, hiding from Lexi, the simple things you said, always meant the world to me. You showed me the light, when I was stuck in the dark..

When I found out that I had cancer, it was to late. I couldn't hope to be rid of it, because it already won. I knew this monster inside me won the war of life. You., you were the only thing that kept me fighting.. everyday the pain got worse, everyday life was drained out of me, but seeing you made me want to live. At first, I thought it was a curse, finding you right before I found my death. That it only made me hate myself more.. by being with you. Truth is; you made me strong. I could always run into your arms, knowing that I was safe. You were the way of saying that it was okay to die. You were my angel, to help me get through all the pain, the reason why I wasn't scared to leave.. you showed me that love is more powerful than death..

I hope you never forget the love I had for you. The love that kept me breathing, the night I thought I was gone. The love that was there, even if you wasn't. Know that I'll be watching you from above, smiling down on the one whom helped me live.

I want you to love again. I want you to find the one you belong to. She'll be more to you, than I could ever be. She'll be there for you, hold your hand, kiss your tears, and help you through the pain. I've dreamed about being the angel, who took your pain away.. as you've done for me. I can never be what you needed. She will be the only thing that you'll ever need. I pray you have a long, happy life with your family; the family you know nothing about now, but will soon. You'll be a great father and the best husband. Even if I wish I'd be the one, I know that you never belonged to me.. I only belonged to you.. for a short period of time. I wish you a happy life.

I love you Zackary Connor. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me.. Don't ever forget the girl whom you saved. 'Because that girl.. will see you again.. maybe two years from now, or even 56.. just know that you'll always be in my mind, heart, and soul.. For you're the one, who has made me whole. This letter I wrote, for you to know.. that when you look back.. I'll always be here.. for you to remember.. our early, late winter.

Love you,

             Riley Payton.

P's, Love. Which is what the one thing, hold this horrid, but amazing life together. Me. Who even when had nothing.. found that nothing to be greater than most simple somethings. Cancer. The one monster.. that will fight to end life's.. we just have to fight back.

Love.Me.Cancer.