The Promise.

Four Months Later.

%%%%%----Zack

I held Riley's hand as she slept. She only wakes up for about 15mins, before going back to sleep. She hasn't got out of bed in two months.. I'm scared.. for the both of us..

Dad walked into the hospital room. "How's she doin'?" He questioned.

"Same. Been asleep all day..." I huffed out in a sadden tone.

"Son. It'll be okay.. she's strong." He layed his hand over my shoulder. Dad.. has been like a father.. he also has been here everyday standing by my side.

I gleamed down at Riley. "I know.. I just hate all the wires and machines they have her on.."

"I know you do. Look, why don't you go and get something to eat? I'll stay with Riley."

I nodded my head, and bent down to give her a kiss. "Call if she wakes up. Okay?"

"I'll call."

@@@@@----Riley

It felt as if I've been here for years.. just laying around.. how everyone else is living their life's. Usually I'm up.. sleeping, it's as if I can hear people.. but can't open my eyes. There like heavy blankets and I'm safer underneath them.

Sometimes when I open my eyes.. I can see Zack, smiling at me.. but all in the same It makes me sad, because I want to walk about.. with his hand in mine.. I miss laughing.. going outside, school.. gosh!, never thought I'd say that.. It's bad when you don't even know what season you're in.

"Thank you Riley.. I don't know what I'd do if I hadn't met you.. " I could hear a voice again.. a deep, soft, voice.. I can't picture the face though? 'But whoever they were.. they were thanking me.. "I was in a bad place.. drugs, women, a whole lot of things.. I'm surprise that I'm not dead yet.." The man laughed. "You saved me.. you told me that I could fix our cup.. and I did! I've never been happier.."

I had to open my eyes.. I saw Zackary's father.. and smiled. "I'm glad.." I got out in a husky voice.

He looked down at me and rubbed my head. "This shouldn't be you.. you're so great."

I blushed.. while shaking my head. "That's why I'm dieing.." I took in deep breaths.. trying to get out my words "Even though I.. think you're... over... exaggerating." Mr. Connor grabbed my hand.. and I smiled.. "Don't... Worry... I'm... Fine.."

"Just take it easy.. try not to talk as much, okay?" His voice was calm, which made me think of Zackary. Mr. Connor Laughed and smiled down at me. "You're thinking about my son."

"How.. can you tell?" I asked.

He bent down and whispered. "How can I not? Your face glows.. but don't worry.. he does the same thing.."

I couldn't help but blush.. he thought about me? As much as I thought about him?

"Really?" I looked up at Mr. Connor and closed my eyes. "How.. is he?"

"Worried sick. Like the rest of us.. But.. holding on. He just left about 20mins ago to go and eat."

"I.. wish.. I.. could talk.. to him." I smiled, trying to breath as I talked. It was getting harder for me.

Mr. Connor pulled out his cell-phone and dialed a number. "Hey, Connor.. someone wants to talk to you."

Zackary's father reached me his cell-phone, I layed it against my ear. "Hey, Zackary."

"Hey, Are you feeling okay?" His voice made me feel so safe.. I wanted him to be with me.

"I'm.. fine. Head hurts.. but fine."