When You Look Back I'll Always Be Here.

Riley----@@@@@

I layed there, as memories shot through my mind. I felt my pain going away a little at a time. I was leaving this body tonight.. no. Tears screamed down my face. I can't leave without saying goodbye. I used all of my strength to pray a'loud.

'God. I know.. I.. haven't talked in a while..." I took a couple of breaths. "But please listen.. you.. can have me... as soon as I see.. his.. face.. again. I have to say.. goodbye. I... have to.." As I slowly drifted to sleep.

***

I slept in darkness, what seemed like forever. No more pain. I no longer hurt?

Then I heard voices.

"Yes... I'm sorry Zack.. she's dieing.. you have to get here. I've called everyone else." I heard Lilly cry out.

I smiled. I'm already dead, silly. I chuckled to myself. Dazing off once again.

I awoke again, barley seeing out from my eyes. My friends all around. I smiled. There are here. I could hear them talking about me and smiling as they looked at me. I gleamed looking for Zackary.., but he wasn't here. I looked to Lexi.

She shook her head running to my side. "He's not here.. I don't know why?"

I nodded my head, unable to speak, as a tear fled off my cheek.

"You're a great person Riley. I'm so glad that I was lucky enough to have you in my life. I wish you luck, butterfly." She smiled in tears, kissing my head. "Make sure you keep me in check, when I do something wrong, kick me in the butt okay?" She gave me a sad laugh, hugging me before leaving the room.

Cassy came next. Eyes red, along with her face. I laughed to myself, she always gets blood red when shes sad or upset. I laughed when she came close. "I know you're probably laughing in your mind."

BINGO.!

"You're my best friend, you know that right?" She asked me with watery eyes. "I'm so sorry what I've put you through.. but you scared me.. I wasn't ready to share you, with anyone." Cass hugged me tight. "'But I'm ready now.. I know that you will alway's be with me.. You're the best Riley..." As she let me go, turning to hug her family.

I waited what it seemed like forever, until Audrey came and sat by me. "Riley. I never liked you."

Oh. That's the perfect words I wanted to hear right before I die. -_-

"But..." She held my hand. "People change.. when you're around. Connor, his father, Lexi, Will, Teachers, all the people whom you gave the speech too, and me.." Audrey smiled. "I wish I knew you better., I wish I had a chance to show you that I'm not that bad.. but the truth is.. I'm a bad person. I cheated on Connor with Jeremiah.. knowing that it'd break his heart.. but I didn't care! Then I tried splitting Lexi and him up, how I'm the one who hooked them up! Then you came.. and I wanted to hurt you so bad.. but you never gave up.. and., I like that about you... and right now.. I'm about to cry.. so, I'm going to go.. see you Riley." Audrey stood up wiping away tears, walking out of the room.

***

I was looking around seeing less people.. wondering where Zack was.

Getting sleepy.. I was closing my when I heard a voice.

"Riley.. are you still there?" A deep soft voice, In which I've heard before.

I opened my eyes to glare at Mr. Connor.

"There's the girl who changed my life.." He said while smiling.

I gave a shy smile.

Mr. Connor sat down and started speaking to me. "I'm sorry.. I wish you didn't have this.."

I gave him a little chuckle.. "Wi-wishing... Is... a-a.. wonder-ful.. t-thing... y-ou... shou-shouldn't waste... y-our... wishes... o-on me.." I breathed out, trying to get air.

He smiled.. "Oh but Riley.. you are indeed a wonderful thing.. do you know what my mother told me before she died?" Mr. Connor questioned.

I shook my head, feeling dizzy from speaking.

"Wonderful things happen to wonderful people. Sometimes we just have to realise that all things wonderful, sometimes disguises itself to look bad., but really it's not bad.. it's just the way we look at it.."

Mr. Connor smiled, with tears flowing. "I was disguised, hidden away.. but you saw me.. and believed that I could become something more.. you're the one who put the life back in my eyes.. the one who made me a father again."

I shook my head. "Y-ou.. it.. was all.. you. I... only.. point-pointed it.. o-out."

He shook his head. "But you're the one who showed me I could.. telling me about your mother and father.. it showed me that if you could go on, that I could too."

I closed my eyes.. just for a second before another voice echoed in the room. "Oh.. my butterfly.." A strong voice whispered.

I couldn't believe it.. it sounded.. just like.. "Pa-papa.. B-bear?" I questioned whiled pulling my eyes back open.

It was him. It was dad.. here?

"I'm right here.." Dad's voice called again.

I smiled as Mr. Connor whispered something in Dad's ear, then walked out.

"Riley, I know that I messed it up, but I couldn't face you anymore.. you.. always smiled, seeing joy in everything and everyone.. I just couldn't handle you being happy, how I loss your mother.." Dad grabbed my hand, and I held on. "I got a call.. saying that you had cancer.. and all I could think about was losing the only person I had left. I know I hurt you.. but I'm here.. if you'll forgive me?"

I smiled closing my eyes. "I.. for-forgave you... the., d-day... you.. l-left.."

***

After Dad talked to me for about an hour, he left, making me go to sleep.

I kept on having dreams.. about my life, what all happened since last winter.. till now..

I woke up about 2:25a.m taking in a breath, fighting for air. When a warm hand took my hand sending tingles down my body.

My eyes flew open as a voice calming and soft said. "It's okay.. I'm here.. I'm here.."

I gleamed at Zackary.. he came.. my heart beating 100mph per second. "Zack.."

"I'm here Riley." As he kissed me on my cheek.

I took in a breath.. "I've.. been waiting.. for you.."

"I'm sorry.. I was thinking.." Zackary closed his eyes tight, and I enclosed my fingers into his.

Zack gleamed at me.. "Are you okay?" Him asking me this make me chuckle.

"Shouldn't I be.. a-asking you.. this?" I smiled.. getting tired.

Zack gave me a sorrow look. "Are you feeling any pain? Because you told me if you felt pain-"

I cut his fast-talking shaking my head. "Zack.. there is no pain.."

Tears streamed down his face. "I love you..."

I smiled. "I love you too.. But.. Zack.." I inhaled a breath as I kept my eyes locked on his.. slipping away from my life.. "When.. you look... b-back.. I'll.. always.. be here..."

%%%%%---Zack.

"It's okay.. you can leave.. I'm here.." I sobbed. Kissing Riley softly..

I stayed with her until the life came out of her.. I cried for what seemed like forever. I didn't want to give her up.. but I wanted her to be happy..

I'll miss her being by my side, her voice, her smell, everything..