Vegas

Chapter 17

The plan to not tell my mom until I was 12 weeks along, is not going to be the simplest thing. Sometime between last week and yesterday morning, I went from not showing to looking like I ate an entire thanksgiving feast.

I woke up and unattached Spencer's arm from my waist, crawling out of the bed to go use the bathroom and get ready for work. Since the night my mom got married, Spencer has spent every night at my apartment, making sure that I was okay and getting enough sleep.

I had to put on a dress today because I haven't had a chance to go and buy any dress pants that fit yet. Maybe I could drop that bird in Penelope's ear, I'm sure she would jump at the chance to go shopping.

I stepped out of the bathroom after fixing my hair, and was greeted by a plate of avocado toast and slices of bell peppers.

"Good morning, beautiful," Spencer said, handing me the plate and kissing my forehead. "You about ready to go?"

"Yeah, I just have to put my shoes on." I answered, looking at the plate confused. "What is this? It's such an odd combination of food."

"The avocado is full of folate and b6, which promotes healthy tissue and brain growth for the babies and could help ease morning sickness for you. And the bell peppers are a top source of vitamin C and A, plus fiber. Research has found that eating a vegetable-rich diet during pregnancy could help reduce the risk for complications like high blood pressure and preeclampsia."

"Right." I nodded, taking a bite of the bell pepper. I slid my shoes on and grabbed my bag, not letting go of the paper plate. "Let's go then."

As we were getting in the car, both of our phones buzzed, it was Hotch letting us know to meet at the jet instead of the office. We're headed to Los Vegas.

.......

Halloween in Vegas, and I just have to be pregnant for it. Talk about a mood killed. Well, and the fact that we had to catch a serial rapist. And the fact that I'm meeting Spencer's mom.

We caught the guy pretty quickly, in about 12 hours. He wasn't very good at hiding what he was doing, which was giving his victims a date rape drug inside of a fortune cookie at the Chinese restaurant that he worked at. Like I said, easy case. The local police could have figured it out.

Everyone else left this morning, leaving me and Spencer behind to fly commercial tomorrow so that we could go and visit his mom. Well that was the plan, I was supposed to meet his mom. However, we got to the group home and the overwhelming smell that comes along with a group or nursing home, made me so irrevocably nauseous that I had to sit outside while Spencer went in to see his mom.

I was sitting on a bench, bent over with my head between my knees when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Spencer there, hands in his front pockets.

"You weren't in there long." I said, sitting up and leaning back against the bench.

"She told me to come take care of you. I told her about the twins and that you were sitting out here because you weren't feeling the greatest. She's excited about being a grandma." He said, the corner of his mouth pulling up into a smile.

"I hate that you didn't get to spend time with your mom Spence." I said standing up, instantly regretting it because my stomach started churning again.

"It's just a plane ride away, we can come another time after the nausea stage is over." He said, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

"You sure?" I asked, looking up at him. "I don't mind sitting out here a little longer."