New York City

Chapter 12

Natashas POV

"So are you actually going to do it?" JJ asked me, taking a sip of her coffee.

"I don't know," I sighed. "I mean, we're both in the same boat. It makes sense on paper,"

"There's a lot of emotional baggage that comes with having a kid with someone." Emily said.

"I know, but I really don't think I'd mind." I said, leaning back in the counter so that I could see around to Spencer's desk. He was sitting there, reading some book, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

"Oh my god, you have feelings for Spence." JJ said, hitting me on the arm lightly.

"What? No I don't, we're just friends." I said, not only lying to the, but to myself as well.

"Well I for one can't wait to have a little baby genius running around the BAU." Penelope said, clapping her hands together excitedly.

"Humor me this Natasha," Emily said, smirking and I knew exactly what she was about to ask. "Would you go get it done in a medical facility, or get it straight from the source?"

"Oh would you look at that," I said looking at my watch. "It's time for me to be somewhere else."

I walked out into the bullpen and sat down at my desk, unlocking my computer so I could get some work done.

"Psst, Elizabeth," I heard Spencer whisper, trying to get my attention from his desk. I looked up at him and he smiled. "Look in your desk drawer."

"Spencer," I said, opening the drawer and looking in the drawer. "What is this?"

I took the little gold bag out and sat it on my desk.

"It's a birthday present." He stated.

"My birthday isn't for another six days." I retorted.

"Open it." He said, raising his eyebrows and crossing his arms.

I narrowed my eyebrows at him before taking the tissue paper out cautiously. I looked down in the bed Utland almost screamed in excitement before remembering where we were at.

"Are these...?" I looked up at him.

"Tickets to Hamilton for Saturday? Yes, yes they are." He smiled. "It's a three hour train ride. I figure we can go up Friday after we get off work, baring we don't have a case, and go to dinner. Then Saturday we can explore the city in the morning and then go to the show that night."

I got up out of my chair and walked over to his desk, pulling him up from his chair and engulfing him in a hug.

"You better be careful Dr. Reid," I said into his chest. "I might just have to kiss you."

"And that is fine by me," he said, hugging me back tighter.

"Alright, break it up lovebirds," Derek boomed, walking up behind us. "We've got a case."

.......

The case wasn't too difficult, the guy ended up making a mistake and we were able to catch him quickly.

Today is Friday and we got back about an hour ago.

"Sheppard?" Hotch called from the landing outside of his office. I looked up and his face softened just a little. "You and Reid take the rest of the day off. Happy Birthday."

"Uh, thank you sir," I said, not even hesitating to start packing my desk up for the weekend.

"Woah, birthday?" Emily asked, stopping me in my tracks. "Were you even going to tell us?"