#334535

Chapter 11

Spencer's POV

Natasha walked in first with JJ following behind her, both of them fully prepared and able to make Clayton Jones mad and get him talking.

"Clayton, how are you doing?" Natasha asked, grabbing a chair that was against the wall and dragging it over to the table, sitting in it backwards and leaning against the table. "You sleep okay?"

"It's Mr. Jones to you, young lady. And no, no I didn't."

"Well Clayton, it's Dr. young lady. And you're not in any position to take that kind of attitude with either of us." JJ said, standing beside Nat with her arms crossed.

They were definitely trying to play to his misogynistic side, and it was working.

"So Clayton, tell us about your childhood." Natasha said, obnoxiously tapping her fingernails against the desk.

"Bite me," he spat at her.

"Don't tempt her, because she will. She's pretty feisty." JJ said, flipping her hair over her shoulder, "so why don't you answer a question."

"Why don't you go find me the man in charge, and I'll talk to him."

"So, the misogyny. You always been that way?" JJ asked.

"I ain't no damn misogynistic prick lady, despite what you may think."

"Misogynistic tendencies develop in childhood, mostly caused from trauma. Was it your mom that beat you? Or Grandma?" Natasha asked. "Or maybe dear old grandpa beat up sweet old granny, teaching you to do the same."

"They make a great team, look at him." Hotch said, walking up behind me and Morgan. "He's cracking,"

"Some believe that misogyny stems from not being able to see women as anything but mothers or sexual beings which is referred to as the Madonna-whore complex." Natasha stated. "Is that why you killed them?"

"I told you why I did it." He said, looking away, not making eye contact with either of them. "They reminded me of my wife."

"Why'd you push your wife down the stairs?" JJ asked and Clayton tensed.

"Who told you that?" He scoffed. "You really think I killed my own wife?"

"Sir, look at this." Garcia said walking up to us with the computer in her hand. Hotch nodded and knocked on the door, signaling for Natasha and JJ. They stood up and walked over, listening to whatever he had to say.

"I think I know why you pushed your wife down the stairs." Natasha said, walking around and standing behind Clayton, leaning over his left shoulder, JJ doing the same on the right side.

"Oh yeah, give me the reason why. Not that I did it."

"Because you're incompetent, infertile, impotent." JJ said, enunciating every word.

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"You believe that it's a woman's place to stay home, take care of the house, take care of the kids, take care of you?" Natasha said, leaning in closer. "I agree."

Where was she going with this? She slowly tapped on JJ's arm and motioned for her to move back.

"You do?" He asked, intrigued.

"Mhm hmm." She bit her lip and nodded, "I also believe it's the husband's job to provide. Do you agree?"

"Yes ma'am, I do." He nodded.

"So it must have really got under your skin when the doctors told you you were infertile?" She asked, slowly tracing her fingers up his arm. She smirked and I knew that she could feel him tending under her hand, she hit a nerve. "Which is why, when you found out your wife went to a fertility clinic behind your back and used a sperm donor, you got so angry that you pushed her down the stairs. You wanted to make her lose the baby, but you killed her instead. And it felt good, didn't it?"