Bulletproof

Chapter 5

Last night was a complete blur. The last thing I remember was doing tequila shots with JJ and then everything else goes blank.

I groaned and rolled over to turn my alarm off, hoping that it didn't wake up Spencer since I set it for pretty early. However, that didn't seem to be a problem since he was already up and gone, probably to get breakfast.

I sighed and stood up out of the bed, stretching before standing up and walking towards the bathroom, hoping that a warm shower would wake me up. I wasn't necessarily hungover, one perk of being young I guess, just overly tired.

The steam opened up my sinuses, releasing the pressure I hadn't even realized was built up and I inhaled deeply, the hot water doing what I wanted it to do.

After washing my hair, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel, using another one to squeeze the excess water from my hair. Once it was mostly dry, I pulled it onto a ponytail so that I could do my makeup really quickly. It was mainly just to conceal the under eye circles that were telling of the night before.

Just as I was about to do something with my hair, there was a knock on the bathroom door.

"Hey Nat, there's been a change of plans," Spencer announced. "We've got another case, Hotch needs us outside in 10."

"Alright, thank you Spence."

I sighed and decided to leave my hair to air dry, putting some leave in conditioner in, knowing that it would be an unmanageable mess if I didn't.

I dropped my towel and started to get dressed. First the undergarments, then a navy blue button up shirt. As I was pulling on my dress pants, I noticed my discarded pajamas on the floor and wondered how I managed to change into them if I was so drunk that I don't remember the night before.

I shook my head and gathered my things out of the bathroom, opening the door with my free hand. I dumped all of my stuff into my bag and zipped it up, putting my glasses on my face before sliding into my shoes.

"I got you a coffee." Spencer said, handing me a cup. " I figured you may need it after last night."

The corner of his mouth twitched, almost as if he was trying to suppress a grin, which only made me even more confused.

"Thank you." I said but it was phrased more like a question. "We should get going."

I went to reach for my bag but Spencer beat me to it, "I'll get it, I already took mine down to the car anyway."

"Umm, thank you." I said, again very confused.

"Yeah, no problem." He said, opening the door to the room and letting me walk out.

"Am I missing something?" I asked, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Not that I know of, why?" He asked, stopping in front of the elevator.

"It's just, you know what, never mind." I said shaking my head.

"Okay," he said stepping onto the elevator. "You coming?"

"I think I'll take the stairs, wake myself up a little more." I lied.

"Alright, see you down there."

I took the short flight of stairs down to the lobby and waited there for Spencer.

"There she is." I heard Morgan boom from behind me before picking me up in a giant hug, only confusing me more.

"Is there a reason my feet just left the ground?" I asked him, straightening the wrinkles out of my shirt.

"What you did last night, unforgettable." He laughed before walking out the door to the car.